Sportco 62A .22lr

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Re: Sportco 62A .22lr

Post by Cape_Yorkee » 01 Oct 2026, 6:34 pm

Well first time shooting the Sportco 62S this morning. Put lots of shots through it and of course couldn't settle on a pack of ammo it liked... it shot all of them terribly! But in its defence its been a while since I've shot with open sights and the target I put at 100m wasn't overall visible in wind and rain!

Things I did learn;

- Great little trigger - breaks nicely
- Cycles and loads well. No jams or loading/extracting issues
- Magazine had not been used in a long time and was stiff, but after shooting a few rounds it came to life and is operating well.
- Need to learn how to shoot open sights again!

Otherwise, very happy. Nice little rifle and good piece of Australiana
All one needs is a 270-Win. That's all!
Cape_Yorkee
Private
Private
 
Posts: 70
Queensland

Re: Sportco 62A .22lr

Post by bigrich » 02 Oct 2026, 4:58 am

Cape_Yorkee wrote:Well first time shooting the Sportco 62S this morning. Put lots of shots through it and of course couldn't settle on a pack of ammo it liked... it shot all of them terribly! But in its defence its been a while since I've shot with open sights and the target I put at 100m wasn't overall visible in wind and rain!

Things I did learn;

- Great little trigger - breaks nicely
- Cycles and loads well. No jams or loading/extracting issues
- Magazine had not been used in a long time and was stiff, but after shooting a few rounds it came to life and is operating well.
- Need to learn how to shoot open sights again!

Otherwise, very happy. Nice little rifle and good piece of Australiana


thanks for posting a follow up on how you went with your sportco mate . but um , i don't think shooting with open sights is really representative of what these great little home grown rifles can do . are you going to put a scope on it ? cheers
bigrich
General
General
 
Posts: 6585
Queensland

Previous

Back to top
 
Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles