Buying my first firearm, any 22LR suggestions?

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Re: Buying my first firearm, any 22LR suggestions?

Post by green_comet » 30 Jul 2019, 9:15 am

ScottyD wrote:Ah nice one, I'm glad you're still enjoying it. I take your points about it's features lending it more to hunting than target use. I do want to do a fair bit of target work, but ultimately my rifles' main purpose will be hunting, so its not a deal breaker by any means. And I'll definitely be looking at the HW66 as well. I am a bit of a traditionalist, but I do also like the Lithgow offerings (and I like the idea of being able to buy Australian if I can)

I'd probably also be checking out the new CZ 457's, only the 455 was available when I was looking but I'm really liking the look of the new 457's. Either way you really cant go wrong with any of the rifles you're looking at, just shoulder them and go with the one that feels best for you. Also take into account parts and magazine availability, aftermarket stocks, bore guides, etc. The Lithgow and CZ are easy to find parts and information on, the Weihrauch not so much.
green_comet
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Buying my first firearm, any 22LR suggestions?

Post by ScottyD » 31 Jul 2019, 9:39 pm

green_comet wrote:
ScottyD wrote:Ah nice one, I'm glad you're still enjoying it. I take your points about it's features lending it more to hunting than target use. I do want to do a fair bit of target work, but ultimately my rifles' main purpose will be hunting, so its not a deal breaker by any means. And I'll definitely be looking at the HW66 as well. I am a bit of a traditionalist, but I do also like the Lithgow offerings (and I like the idea of being able to buy Australian if I can)

I'd probably also be checking out the new CZ 457's, only the 455 was available when I was looking but I'm really liking the look of the new 457's. Either way you really cant go wrong with any of the rifles you're looking at, just shoulder them and go with the one that feels best for you. Also take into account parts and magazine availability, aftermarket stocks, bore guides, etc. The Lithgow and CZ are easy to find parts and information on, the Weihrauch not so much.

———

Hmmm yes, good thought about after market farkles. I hadn’t really thought much about that.

And yes, the CZ will certainly be worth a close look. Seems to be plenty people singing it’s praise.

Thanks for that :thumbsup:
ScottyD
Private
Private

New South Wales

Previous

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles