Webley & Scott Xocet 22lr

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Webley & Scott Xocet 22lr

Post by Jon79 » 03 Sep 2018, 10:33 am

Anyone had anything to do with these? looking for a cheap little 22 to replace the total dud Puma I bought her and see there is a deal on these at the moment...only looking for a knock around gun that can go behind the seats that is reasonably accurate (unlike the puma)
Jon79
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 121
New South Wales

Re: Webley & Scott Xocet 22lr

Post by Jon79 » 07 Sep 2018, 4:18 pm

Well went ahead and put a deposit on one of these while I wait for my PTA...….will wait and see how it goes

Image
Jon79
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 121
New South Wales

Re: Webley & Scott Xocet 22lr

Post by Gaznazdiak » 07 Sep 2018, 6:13 pm

Please let us know how it performs Jon, I'm looking for a cheap 22lr myself.
fideles usque ad mortem
User avatar
Gaznazdiak
Major
Major
 
Posts: 1650
New South Wales

Re: Webley & Scott Xocet 22lr

Post by Gaznazdiak » 07 Sep 2018, 6:18 pm

fideles usque ad mortem
User avatar
Gaznazdiak
Major
Major
 
Posts: 1650
New South Wales

Re: Webley & Scott Xocet 22lr

Post by bladeracer » 07 Sep 2018, 6:57 pm

Gaznazdiak wrote:https://www.shootinguk.co.uk/reviews/rifle/webley-scott-xocet


A .22LR review using only one box of one type of ammo?

Very strange that I find only a single mention of the Xocet on RimfireCentral, and that is incidental to the discussion.
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8750793&highlight=xocet#post8750793

I'm assuming he's talking about aluminium alloy rather than some other alloy though.

I would also have thought a British company would've realised that Xocet in English would be difficult to pronounce :-)
It should be X-Ocet if they want it pronounced as "ecks". Perhaps the name is Spanish?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
User avatar
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
 
Posts: 4777
Victoria

Re: Webley & Scott Xocet 22lr

Post by Jon79 » 07 Sep 2018, 7:47 pm

Jon79
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 121
New South Wales

Re: Webley & Scott Xocet 22lr

Post by Gaznazdiak » 07 Sep 2018, 8:39 pm

bladeracer wrote:
Gaznazdiak wrote:https://www.shootinguk.co.uk/reviews/rifle/webley-scott-xocet


A .22LR review using only one box of one type of ammo?

Very strange that I find only a single mention of the Xocet on RimfireCentral, and that is incidental to the discussion.
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8750793&highlight=xocet#post8750793

I'm assuming he's talking about aluminium alloy rather than some other alloy though.

I would also have thought a British company would've realised that Xocet in English would be difficult to pronounce :-)
It should be X-Ocet if they want it pronounced as "ecks". Perhaps the name is Spanish?


Not to mention bringing back some painful memories of their Falklands sojourn.
fideles usque ad mortem
User avatar
Gaznazdiak
Major
Major
 
Posts: 1650
New South Wales

Re: Webley & Scott Xocet 22lr

Post by Jon79 » 29 Sep 2018, 1:01 pm

Well went and picked up mine the other day, took it out yesterday to sight it in and gotta say pretty happy with it...only had a brick of Federal ammo so couldn't test it with other stuff but it shot like a lazer,

The only issue I had was some rounds not going off (maybe 1 in 20) but that could have been the ammo as I remember having issues with the previous 22 and the same batch of ammo and looking at the ammo the firing pin had hit it plenty hard enough
Jon79
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 121
New South Wales

Re: Webley & Scott Xocet 22lr

Post by JSS » 18 Oct 2018, 2:08 pm

Has anyone got any more reports or info on these things?? i just got a call from my gunshop telling me a couple of them have come into stock and asking if i wanted one as we were talking about a little knock around 22 the other day. They look ok for the money but the old google search is coming up a bit light, and Jon79s report of the misfiring (if it's the rifle & not the ammos fault) doesn't sound good.
User avatar
JSS
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 116
Queensland

Re: Webley & Scott Xocet 22lr

Post by Jon79 » 19 Oct 2018, 9:29 am

JSS wrote:Has anyone got any more reports or info on these things?? i just got a call from my gunshop telling me a couple of them have come into stock and asking if i wanted one as we were talking about a little knock around 22 the other day. They look ok for the money but the old google search is coming up a bit light, and Jon79s report of the misfiring (if it's the rifle & not the ammos fault) doesn't sound good.



no miss fires since changing ammo if that helps :thumbsup: very accurate little rifle too cant fault it now I have the ammo issue sorted
Jon79
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 121
New South Wales

Re: Webley & Scott Xocet 22lr

Post by JSS » 19 Oct 2018, 4:37 pm

Thanks Jon, appreciate the feedback mate. I've got one of the two my dealer has on hold, looks like i'll go pick it up tomorrow then :drinks:
User avatar
JSS
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 116
Queensland

Re: Webley & Scott Xocet 22lr

Post by Jon79 » 05 Nov 2018, 1:42 pm

JSS wrote:Thanks Jon, appreciate the feedback mate. I've got one of the two my dealer has on hold, looks like i'll go pick it up tomorrow then :drinks:



how'd you go? did you end up getting it?
Jon79
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 121
New South Wales

Re: Webley & Scott Xocet 22lr

Post by JSS » 22 Nov 2018, 7:36 am

Sorry for the late reply Jon, i just got back from a trip, yes mate it's in the safe, now i just have to get around to sighting it in.........
User avatar
JSS
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 116
Queensland


Back to top
 
Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles