Webley & Scott Xocet 22lr

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Re: Webley & Scott Xocet 22lr

Post by TassieTiger » 14 Jun 2020, 11:02 am

So it’s promising then...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by bladeracer » 14 Jun 2020, 11:13 am

TassieTiger wrote:So it’s promising then...

No, it's impressively accurate as he said. It may not be impressive to you or anybody else, but he never claimed that.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Stix » 14 Jun 2020, 11:46 am

bladeracer wrote:
Stix wrote:
Dazed and Confused wrote:
TassieTiger wrote:I’m a bit dazed and confused - your impressed with the accuracy but plan on seeing how accurate it really is ?

Plinking while standing, playing around shooting 5cm metal swing targets, shooting oranges and just having fun is totally different to bench shooting with a support bag onto paper targets.

But in Tassie's defence (& anyone else that read the post & had the same conclusion) you've already stated it has great accuracy...
So its fair to assume youve tested it--because youve said you have...
:)

Here...

Dazed and Confused wrote:I picked up one of these recently. In fact it is the reason I joined this forum after reading this thread. (Hence the bumping of such an old thread)

I have only put 500 odd CCI standard rounds through it as well as a box of Federal Champion. Every round fired. I was also extremely impressed with the accuracy as I was only after a plinker and not something that would shot at comp level. I have planned to spend time tomorrow afternoon to see just how accurate it is over 25m and 50m. I might run it out at 100m if the desire for beer does not kick in. Ill post results.

:drinks:

He said he put 500rds through it and was impressed with the accuracy, he did not say it was Olympic grade, or that he had done any accuracy testing at all.

You left the part out where he states, suggests, or inferrs it is of competition accuracy...
In ststing this, i believe it is inferred that the rifle shoots considerably better than 2moa...i believe its also inferred, that it has been shot off of a solid rest, & that such a ststement as it shooting of a competition level of accuracy, this knowledge hasnt been gained from it having only been shot off the shoulder.

So i dont disagree with you in terms of what has been stated, but i disagree with you on what he has inferred...or maybe better put, what it is reasonable to assume most experienced shooters would deduce from such a ststement.
So much so, that i did a bit of internet searching based on his very comments--because i like an underdog & so thought it would be nice to own a cheapie that shot comp level with known-to-be inconsistant ammo--or should i say--less than comp level ammo...

I am personally of the belief that if most reasonably intelligent people purchased a 22LR rifle based on the fact it shoots at "competition level", that it has both been tested off a bench, and shoots considerably better than one would ordinarily shoot it "off their shoulder"...
Im pretty sure consumer law would back that up too if it were tested in tsuch a way...

To put that "inference" into perspective, take it to a range & hand it to a comp shooter & say "here this shoots at comp level, use my gun to shoot your comp"...& watch the resulting interactions---im sure some of the facial expressions of the comp shooters would make a great headline for one of those prank shows...!!... :lol:

The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 14 Jun 2020, 12:19 pm

I don't think he said anything about competition-winning accuracy. In motorcycle racing we have to qualify within five-percent of the fastest qualifier to be allowed to race (that'swhy it'scalled qualifying), do shooting competitions have restrictions on how well you can shoot before you can compete?
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 14 Jun 2020, 12:57 pm

Didn’t he say, I’m impressed with the accuracy, I only wanted a plinker, not a competition shooter ? Implying - it is a Comp shooter...accuracy might be subjective but the statement, “I’m extremely impressed with its accuracy” - (the word, extremely adds weight), as Stix has said, infers that it had been tested...off hand does not account for any testing outcome of the rifle when the shooter is waving around like a flag in a breeze.

It’s not like saying - I’m impressed with how the rifle is shooting off hand or messing around and I’m going to test it thoroughly to see how accurate it is...if someone was in the market for one of these, read the posted statement re accuracy and inferred Comp ability and thought - well, they are Comp accurate according to xxx - do you think, a reasonable person would be thinking the rifle itself is accurate or xxx is a darn fine shot?

It’s a silly argument regardless. The way I read it, didn’t make sense. No biggie.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by bladeracer » 14 Jun 2020, 1:00 pm

TassieTiger wrote:Didn’t he say, I’m impressed with the accuracy, I only wanted a plinker, not a competition shooter ? Implying - it is a Comp shooter...accuracy might be subjective but the statement, “I’m extremely impressed with its accuracy” - (the word, extremely adds weight), as Stix has said, infers that it had been tested...off hand does not account for any testing outcome of the rifle when the shooter is waving around like a flag in a breeze.

It’s not like saying - I’m impressed with how the rifle is shooting off hand or messing around and I’m going to test it thoroughly to see how accurate it is...if someone was in the market for one of these, read the posted statement re accuracy and inferred Comp ability and thought - well, they are Comp accurate according to xxx - do you think, a reasonable person would be thinking the rifle itself is accurate or xxx is a darn fine shot?

It’s a silly argument regardless. The way I read it, didn’t make sense. No biggie.

To me it looked you guys were simply being pedantic to belittle a new shooter's impression of his rifle. I couldn't see any genuine interest in your comments.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 14 Jun 2020, 1:06 pm

To me, it looked like a confusing statement. Still does.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Stix » 14 Jun 2020, 1:33 pm

bladeracer wrote:
TassieTiger wrote:Didn’t he say, I’m impressed with the accuracy, I only wanted a plinker, not a competition shooter ? Implying - it is a Comp shooter...accuracy might be subjective but the statement, “I’m extremely impressed with its accuracy” - (the word, extremely adds weight), as Stix has said, infers that it had been tested...off hand does not account for any testing outcome of the rifle when the shooter is waving around like a flag in a breeze.

To me it looked you guys were simply being pedantic to belittle a new shooter's impression of his rifle. I couldn't see any genuine interest in your comments.

Im not, at least not intending to be pedantic...

I simply gave an explanation to him, of how his words would've easily been understood, given the, at least slightly, conceited appearance of his reply to Tassie...

bladeracer wrote:
TassieTiger wrote:So it’s promising then...

No, it's impressively accurate as he said. It may not be impressive to you or anybody else, but he never claimed that.

No--he said "shot at comp level"

bladeracer wrote:I don't think he said anything about competition-winning accuracy.

Its been highlightd in almost every post that he said"shot at comp level" --infact this is the point, so i dont know why you argue about something you dismiss...unless you are going to be pedantic yourself, because youve added in the word "winning"...

& im certainly not belittling a new shooter, & dont like that youve just dismissd all my explanations as such...

Tassie's question was reasonable...as was my passively pointing out why Tassie asked for clarification...all you've done is dismissed & refused to acknowledge all reasonable & passive explanations...& labelled them as intended belittling of a new shooter...
Thats unnecessary...& Again...i dont like that...!
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 14 Jun 2020, 2:10 pm

Stix wrote:Its been highlightd in almost every post that he said"shot at comp level" --infact this is the point, so i dont know why you argue about something you dismiss...unless you are going to be pedantic yourself, because youve added in the word "winning"...

& im certainly not belittling a new shooter, & dont like that youve just dismissd all my explanations as such...

Tassie's question was reasonable...as was my passively pointing out why Tassie asked for clarification...all you've done is dismissed & refused to acknowledge all reasonable & passive explanations...& labelled them as intended belittling of a new shooter...

I added the word winning because without it your own comment was pointless, you can enter competitions without managing to put any bullets on the paper. You are the one equating "shot at comp level" with some level of outstanding accuracy. Without that assumption on your part your comment makes no sense. I have been impressed with a milsurp managing to hold 3MoA, and that would also be competition-level accuracy - it depends on the competition you're shooting.

As I said, Tassie's view of being confused by what the poster stated was his own interpretation, not what the poster said. He even explained exactly what sort of shooting he'd done that had left him impressed with the rifle's accuracy so there's no confusion there. The fact is that neither Tassie's comment, or yours in support of Tassie's added anything whatever to the thread...

Where did I dismiss any explanations? And where have I refused to acknowledge any explanations, reasonable or otherwise?

You're allowed to not like things, nothing wrong with that :-)
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 14 Jun 2020, 2:31 pm

Sorry blade - I’ll be sure to ask you if it’s okay to query a comment, before I ask the question ? Will that suit you better?
Your saying our posts didn’t contribute to the thread - but somehow, your opinion did?
Okay...then.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by bladeracer » 14 Jun 2020, 2:44 pm

TassieTiger wrote:Sorry blade - I’ll be sure to ask you if it’s okay to query a comment, before I ask the question ? Will that suit you better?
Your saying our posts didn’t contribute to the thread - but somehow, your opinion did?
Okay...then.

You should only have to ask yourself if what you are posting is worth the effort, many times it is not, in which case don't post it. I always read it back a few times before hitting the submit button, and very often don't bother as I find I'm not contributing anything new to the thread. My opinion was specifically responding to your post, so it had relevance. Your comment wasn't even asking for clarification. Any new shooter deserves better from the old hands on the forum.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Stix » 14 Jun 2020, 2:53 pm

bladeracer wrote:
Stix wrote:Its been highlightd in almost every post that he said"shot at comp level" --infact this is the point, so i dont know why you argue about something you dismiss...unless you are going to be pedantic yourself, because youve added in the word "winning"...

I added the word winning because without it your own comment was pointless, you can enter competitions without managing to put any bullets on the paper. You are the one equating "shot at comp level" with some level of outstanding accuracy. Without that assumption on your part your comment makes no sense. I have been impressed with a milsurp managing to hold 3MoA, and that would also be competition-level accuracy - it depends on the competition you're shooting.

As I said, Tassie's view of being confused by what the poster stated was his own interpretation, not what the poster said. He even explained exactly what sort of shooting he'd done that had left him impressed with the rifle's accuracy so there's no confusion there. The fact is that neither Tassie's comment, or yours in support of Tassie's added anything whatever to the thread...

Where did I dismiss any explanations? And where have I refused to acknowledge any explanations, reasonable or otherwise?

You're allowed to not like things, nothing wrong with that :-)

Right there Blade...youve dismissed/ignored/not acknowledged, my explanation of the inference his comment of "shot at comp level", most 22lr comp/& or experienced shooters would assume he meant... :unknown:

I appreciate your explanation of your milsurps...however, and again, whilst i cant speak for the common 22lr comp shooter, it is my opinion that most 22lr comp/& or experienced shooters, would gather that if someone states their 22lr rifle "shoots at comp level", that the rifle has already been shot off of a bench, and that with such a statement, one already knows how well it shoots with the said & tried ammo.

Youve also dismissed me saying this, so again, give the rifle to 22LR comp shooter with that tried ammo, tell them it shoots at comp level & that its never been shot off a bench... :|

I get the impression youre ignoring what ive said with accusations of not having contributed, & of belittling the guy, & comparing this with your expectations of how unknown & sight unseen old larger calibre old mil surp centrefire's perform in your paddock at home...this has nothing to with it--this is about how the initial comments were percieved by others, not about what he, or you!, either meant it to mean, or suggest it 'may' have meant.

And i was contributing in a way where i was explaining to him how more than one person perceived his comments...& maybe subtly suggest to him, that not having tried a rifle off of a bench & claim it shoots at comp level, is not a point at which anyone would really measure a rifles accuracy---this has nothing to do with belittling him or not contributing.

You use his latter explanation of how he has tested the rifle as reasoning for your arguement, that we are being pedantic---when infact the question was posed before this explanation was given, & subsequent explanations of mine werent in opposition to his later clarification --so to use this as a point against a Tassie or myself is beyond the scope of the initial point...
In other words, not Tassie or myself were arguing or being pedantic or belittling about any post explanations...

If any belittling is taking place, its the somewhat conceited reply to Tassie, & suggestions we are belittling him...And if we are to bring up relevance to topic, neither of these are either relevant, necessary, or carry any substance.

Ive just edited a couple of things i said above in case they are taken the wrong way--you how i can be a little in your face--i dont mean to be...
Last edited by Stix on 14 Jun 2020, 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 14 Jun 2020, 3:11 pm

bladeracer wrote:
TassieTiger wrote:Sorry blade - I’ll be sure to ask you if it’s okay to query a comment, before I ask the question ? Will that suit you better?
Okay...then.

You should only have to ask yourself if what you are posting is worth the effort, many times it is not, in which case don't post it....

So now your saying a lot of what I post up, isn’t worth the effort ? Who made you king and queen of an open internet forum ?
My original reply had SFA to do with you and was directed at OP, not you at all - perhaps it was one of those times where it was not worth hitting submit button on your behalf...?
If nothing else it was written to highlight how one might misconstrue the intent of the ops wording - but now your on some rant about your self importance. Your right about one thing - new shooters do deserve better.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by bladeracer » 14 Jun 2020, 3:24 pm

TassieTiger wrote:
bladeracer wrote:
Okay...then.

You should only have to ask yourself if what you are posting is worth the effort, many times it is not, in which case don't post it....

So now your saying a lot of what I post up, isn’t worth the effort ? Who made you king and queen of an open internet forum ?
My original reply had SFA to do with you and was directed at OP, not you at all - perhaps it was one of those times where it was not worth hitting submit button on your behalf...?
If nothing else it was written to highlight how one might misconstrue the intent of the ops wording - but now your on some rant about your self importance. Your right about one thing - new shooters do deserve better.

That was a general statement, not directed at you. All forum users should think hard before submitting posts.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Stix » 14 Jun 2020, 3:44 pm

I wasnt going to say more, but i will say this--il reiterate im not belittling the OP...!!

So Mr or Mrs Dazed & Confused, im sure interested to hear about, & hopefully see some results of the actual testing you do at 50-100yds/m with this rifle... :)

Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 14 Jun 2020, 3:56 pm

Dazed and Confused wrote:I picked up one of these recently. In fact it is the reason I joined this forum after reading this thread. (Hence the bumping of such an old thread)

I have only put 500 odd CCI standard rounds through it as well as a box of Federal Champion. Every round fired. I was also extremely impressed with the accuracy as I was only after a plinker and not something that would shot at comp level. I have planned to spend time tomorrow afternoon to see just how accurate it is over 25m and 50m. I might run it out at 100m if the desire for beer does not kick in. Ill post results.

I would try a bunch of different ammo to determine what it prefers.
Is the "breech" actually aluminium as stated in that RimfireCentral thread? The breech is actually the chamber, which is part of the barrel so I'm guessing the guy was referring to the bolt.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Dazed and Confused » 14 Jun 2020, 7:51 pm

Dazed and Confused wrote:I was also extremely impressed with the accuracy as I was only after a plinker and not something that would shot at comp level.

Stix wrote:You left the part out where he states, suggests, or inferrs it is of competition accuracy...

Firstly, I am not sure why anyone would completely reverse what I typed. How anyone could take my comment and turn it upside down baffles me. How all the responses that followed are also actually quite amazing. Secondly, why was everyone calling me the OP. This thread was started in 2018, I just necro'd it as I recently purchased this particular rifle as a replacement for two old/aging 22lr's and wanted to offer an opinion. Lastly, think what anyone is going to think when they read this thread if they look at purchasing this particular rifle.

Over the next few months, when I get a chance, I will post up some further details about it as I only saw a few posts on the entire Internet on the rifle and thought it would be good to share what I thought was positive about it on a forum that had some information.

Mr Dazed and it rained today.
Dazed and Confused
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Dazed and Confused » 14 Jun 2020, 7:54 pm

bladeracer wrote:I would try a bunch of different ammo to determine what it prefers.
Is the "breech" actually aluminium as stated in that RimfireCentral thread? The breech is actually the chamber, which is part of the barrel so I'm guessing the guy was referring to the bolt.

I have not touched it for a week or so. I was hoping to do so today but weather. Ill plan to pick up several different brands of rounds and try them.

I will also post some photos on the breech when I can.
Dazed and Confused
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 14 Jun 2020, 10:48 pm

Dazed and Confused wrote:I was also extremely impressed with the accuracy as I was only after a plinker and not something that would shot at comp level.

Stix wrote:You left the part out where he states, suggests, or inferrs it is of competition accuracy...

Firstly, I am not sure why anyone would completely reverse what I typed. How anyone could take my comment and turn it upside down baffles me. How all the responses that followed are also actually quite amazing. Secondly, why was everyone calling me the OP. This thread was started in 2018, I just necro'd it as I recently purchased this particular rifle as a replacement for two old/aging 22lr's and wanted to offer an opinion. Lastly, think what anyone is going to think when they read this thread if they look at purchasing this particular rifle.

Over the next few months, when I get a chance, I will post up some further details about it as I only saw a few posts on the entire Internet on the rifle and thought it would be good to share what I thought was positive about it on a forum that had some information.

When I got my Crosman Slayer air-rifle I went looking for info online and found virtually nothing except a couple of Youtube reviews of it. Even Crosman's website has not a single mention of the model or even a manual for it. I find quite a lot of shops offering it for sale, but nothing online from people that actually own it. The odd thing is that somebody knew enough about it to have the dealer order it in for him, then he never bothered to come back for it, so I got offered it very cheap.

Keep sharing the knowledge.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Stix » 14 Jun 2020, 11:17 pm

No one was trying to twist your words...if you really get that im attacking you by playing on your words, then im not surprised your baffled...

I didnt think "everyone" was calling you the OP...thought it was just me, & anyone who wasnt having a whiny little bark at whatever they can, would understand thats just an oversight that clearly comes from, as you yourself have pointed out, you raising the subject again after so much time...

And thankyou for thinking we are amazing... :thumbsup:

Lastly, no doubt peoples thoughts will differ greatly when they read this...id imagine the thoughts will range everywhere from, 'wow that was hilarious', to 'hang on--did i read that right...?...did that guy just say he was happy with the accuracy of his new rifle , then say he's looking forward to seeing how accurate it is...?'

I understand what you're saying, but you're not understanding, or refusing to listen, that depending on how you interpret your words as they are written, some may think what what Tassie has said.

Maybe if it read like--"i obviously wasnt chasing benchrest accuracy having spent so little money on a cheap plinker, but so far im happy with with its performance off the shoulder & i cant wait to test ot off a bench."..
Then people wouldnt associate your results from the rifle being of comp level.

I say that in an attempt to show you how someone may think whats been discussed here without twisting your words...not to pick on your wording...
Because i also initially & genuinely thought what Tassie thought.

Its kind of like my favourite old one-liner nun joke...
It goes like this...
Two nuns in a bath together...one of them says--"where's the soap"...the other one says..."yes it does doesn't it"...
A word in that short joke has another way of being spelt, that when it is spoken, is interpreted as a different meaning, & thus people are confused by the inferred meaning & so miss the punchline.
To understand what i mean, dont read the joke, you have to say it out loud, to get it...

Anyway......
No Happy shooting mate... :drinks:
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 15 Jun 2020, 3:23 am

^ exactly x 100.
Permission to post please Mr Blade? No? Do what a duck can’t then lol.
The way it was written was confusing. The end really.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Dazed and Confused » 27 Jun 2020, 4:57 pm

bladeracer wrote:To me it looked you guys were simply being pedantic to belittle a new shooter's impression of his rifle. I couldn't see any genuine interest in your comments.

Thanks for that comment. I am only coming back as this seems to be the only place to discuss this particular rifle and it would be respectful to post some relative information that might make someone else purchase this plinker. Sorry for the water stains. My drink bottle decided to sweat on the paper as I walked back to the house. I have also oriented the images as I hung them on my range. Target printed on A4 paper.

Shooting with a 3-9-40 scope at 6 times using a bi-pod. Rifle on/against the shoulder. All shots using CCI Standard .22LR Rounds. I did not shoot the middle 50m row.

I took it out last weekend and it loved the bunnies.
Attachments
Shot Circle 100mtr 270620.jpg
100m Bench rest shoulder target circle
Shot Circle 100mtr 270620.jpg (2.55 MiB) Viewed 12231 times
100m 270620.jpg
100m Bench rest shoulder target
100m 270620.jpg (2.49 MiB) Viewed 12231 times
50m 270620.jpg
50m Bench rest shoulder target
50m 270620.jpg (2.9 MiB) Viewed 12231 times
Dazed and Confused
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 27 Jun 2020, 6:11 pm

I can see potential in groups (which are excellent), but those single-shot targets do nothing at all to help me see performance of the rifle or ammo.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Dazed and Confused » 08 Jul 2020, 12:50 pm

Had some time today to shoot some more at my home range (it is really a foldup table and a simple chair with 200m of clear area before the target). This rifle has proven itself in being capable in pest control. Ill never post photos of dead animals but I am liking shooting paper so Ill post these up.

For a $500 AUD rifle it is worth the money. I just have to work on hitting the centre of the target.

100m 080720.jpg
100m on Bi-Pod from Shoulder
100m 080720.jpg (1.65 MiB) Viewed 12201 times

50m 080720.jpg
50m on Bi-Pod from Shoulder
50m 080720.jpg (1.66 MiB) Viewed 12201 times
Dazed and Confused
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 08 Jul 2020, 1:47 pm

Those are looking outstanding!
What ammo are you using?
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Dazed and Confused » 08 Jul 2020, 10:09 pm

bladeracer wrote:Those are looking outstanding!
What ammo are you using?

CCI Standard when I shot at home. Don't want to upset the neighbours. I did use a rear rifle bag this time as I wanted to try for some consistency and take my form problems away from the results.

HERE ARE MY THOUGHT S ON THIS RIFLE.

When I was looking to purchase a new 22lr I was set on a Lithgow Arms LA101. I shot one two years ago and loved it. It fit well into my frame and all I had to do was justify the dollars. I already had two other 22lr's so to add a third was an indulgence. I also shot left handed so it had to feel right when cycling the bolt while standing as this is how I normally shot.

My usage of this type of rifle is for a backup during pest control. I normally use a compound bow to stop pests (That's a nice way of putting it). Bunny busters on arrows normally take care of most small pests but sometimes you have to followup with a rifle to finish. My BRNO CZ is what I use but it is getting long in the tooth so I started looking for a replacement. Hence the idea of a LA101.

When I went to purchase the Lithgow I handled it and felt it but it was not quite right. It did not sit right. I looked at three other rifles and nothing seemed to work. Then the sales person offered up the Xocet. I left the shop without purchasing anything as I still was not sure. Yeah, that did not last long. Four days latter the PTA was in.

I have ran a lot of different rounds through it without a problem. It seems to chew anything I feed it. It does not matter what it is or how fast it travels or how much it does or does not cost, it cycles it well and shots it well. One of the last trip out I left the bow at camp and just took out this rifle. Since my pest control is voluntary to the farms I go on, I feel this rifle can replace the bow and I would not miss the fun of doing the work.

I am getting a 3D printed insert for the butt to increase the total length of the rifle. I have a 32.5in draw on my bow so any 22lr can feel small. The Xocet fits me well although I would love a bit more length. Hopefully the insert works well and then this little backup can become a replacement for my bow. I am sure that someone with better understanding of how to make a rifle shot at a competition level could take it and make it perform well in that environment .

For future people reading this thread and wondering about the Webley and Scott Xocet 22lr I will continue to use it as a field rifle but I will also just sit on my plastic outdoor seat with my outdoor table and plink away at some paper. It is a fantastic rifle for the price and if you are looking to purchase it, do so. If I can shot targets like this on a semi windy day then you can too.

10 shot sightin 50m.jpg
10 shot initial shots 50m
10 shot sightin 50m.jpg (1.32 MiB) Viewed 12190 times
Dazed and Confused
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Humperdinkel » 16 Sep 2020, 4:15 pm

Made my final payment on my new Webley this morning, just waiting for my licence to arrive in the mail now. Can't wait to go & have some fun !!
Winchester Xpert - .22
Savage A22R Pro Varmint - .22
Savage 340 - .222
Howa 1500 VT Fluted - .308
Humperdinkel
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Jerrybra94 » 01 Apr 2021, 2:28 pm

Hey guys loving this gun but last weekend it started missing everytime. Pretty sure iv sorted it tho but won't know till next time I go to the range. There's 2 grub screws that hold the barrel in and if there loose( like mine) I'd say that's going to be the issue because the barrel moves away from the bolt.
Jerrybra94
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Jerrybra94 » 01 Apr 2021, 2:31 pm

The two grub screws
Attachments
20210401_142428.jpg
20210401_142428.jpg (178.08 KiB) Viewed 10953 times
Jerrybra94
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Larry » 01 Apr 2021, 5:57 pm

Thats a bit of an unusual way of securing a barrel. Make sure that it is in the right place and do up those screws. If the barrel moves from its correct place things will get dangerous pretty quickly. Not good for the gun either.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

PreviousNext

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles