.22 Precision Rifle Trainer

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

.22 Precision Rifle Trainer

Post by Patty93 » 14 Sep 2018, 4:02 pm

G'day lads,

Following on with the trend of every wanna be sniper dropping gongs at plus 1000m.. I feel I need to get myself a .22 trainer...

My current .308 Bergara HMR with a 20" barrel kicks like a bitch, and until i do something about the recoil, and get a better paying job, is not economical or enjoyable to shoot more than 60 rounds in a day... So to not waste my time at the range seeing it takes me 1.5hrs to travel down, I am looking at a .22 trainer..

I have seen a few but need some advice on where to go.. whilst my bergara is NOT a tactical looking beast. I do have a fancy for chassis style/tac looking toys. So I was hoping you guys would be able to offer some suggestions.

My criteria is as follows

.22 LR
NSW and VIC legal
Looks tacti-cool
Not an absolute bank buster but happy to spend money on quality.
A recommended bit of glass to add to the top suitable for a rim fire's performance.

Cheers in advance lads.
Patty93
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: .22 Precision Rifle Trainer

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 14 Sep 2018, 4:14 pm

If you can get s ruger precision rimfire rifle. Well under 1k.

Before if you don't mind std look, then can't go past cz452. Or 455. Will even a lithgow 22lr.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by allan » 14 Sep 2018, 6:48 pm

Hang the expense - Just buy one of these! I wouldn't keep one in the safe if it was given to me but I'd expect them to perform.
https://www.nioa.com.au/products/view/1710DTAC
At a more affordable level, one of these may be worth a look with plenty of up-grades available.
https://www.winchesteraustralia.com.au/ ... KM45522VPT
allan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Other

Post by bladeracer » 14 Sep 2018, 7:54 pm

Patty93 wrote:G'day lads,

Following on with the trend of every wanna be sniper dropping gongs at plus 1000m.. I feel I need to get myself a .22 trainer...

My current .308 Bergara HMR with a 20" barrel kicks like a bitch, and until i do something about the recoil, and get a better paying job, is not economical or enjoyable to shoot more than 60 rounds in a day... So to not waste my time at the range seeing it takes me 1.5hrs to travel down, I am looking at a .22 trainer..

I have seen a few but need some advice on where to go.. whilst my bergara is NOT a tactical looking beast. I do have a fancy for chassis style/tac looking toys. So I was hoping you guys would be able to offer some suggestions.

My criteria is as follows

.22 LR
NSW and VIC legal
Looks tacti-cool
Not an absolute bank buster but happy to spend money on quality.
A recommended bit of glass to add to the top suitable for a rim fire's performance.

Cheers in advance lads.

Ruger Precision Rimfire.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by SCJ429 » 15 Sep 2018, 10:32 am

Shooting rimfire at 300 or even 200 accurately is quite a challenge. A quality barrel makes all the difference. Depending on your style of shooting you may find Anschutz or Feinwerkbau make a quality competition rifle that will suit your requirements however it may be a little dearer than a Lithgow or Ruger.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by SCJ429 » 15 Sep 2018, 10:36 am

If your 308 is jumping off the bench you can help settle it by adding weight. One of the best ways to do that other than fitting a heavier barrel is to get a Nightforce scope. A 32x NSX would do the trick.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by gunnnie » 15 Sep 2018, 10:46 am

I've ordered a CZ 455 varmint synthetic. Cost me $666 & a long wait (still hasn't ome in yet) but it will meetmy needs for a stable, accurate & effective rifle for any rimfire comp I want to enter.
It has a heavy short barrel, fully floated, adjustable trigger & synthetic stock that will suit. They're a know performer & at the price I paid for it I have a good budget for decent glass to mount on it.
gunnnie
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles