Tell me about your PWS T3 Summit rifles

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Tell me about your PWS T3 Summit rifles

Post by J.D. » 27 Oct 2018, 3:38 pm

Hi Guys,

Just saw a PWS T3 Summit rifle for sale and thinking about it but have seen mixed reviews from the US and have just read the post about them a while ago on this forum so just want to see how they are going now.

Thanks & I appreciate your help.

JD
J.D.
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Tell me about your PWS T3 Summit rifles

Post by Crankycant » 31 Oct 2018, 8:50 pm

I can't remember if Ozzy reviews done one or not it may have been the styer 22. From what I've heard from a few blokes out here at the range is that they had to replace the barrel with a match barrel. OEM barrel OK accuracy for hunting but not shooting groups. Other than that the action cycled pretty flawlessly from what I have observed.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, promoted by mainstream media, which
holds forth that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Crankycant
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by J.D. » 01 Nov 2018, 10:39 am

Thanks Mate,

I did see the ozzy review but it was done some time ago so was hoping someone could give me an up to date on how their rifles are going now.
J.D.
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Slant225 » 18 Nov 2018, 7:12 pm

PWS got out of rimfire rifles and have sold the concept to Volquartsen who have released it under their own name. I spoke to the owner of Volquartsen and they have sorted out the niggling problems etc and they use their barrels with a few options now. Volquartsen are promising sub MOA performance out of the new rifles. I was gonna buy one for my wife as she thought a lighter rifle might be better for rimfire metallic silhouette. In the end we didn't go down that path. I just added some weight to the stock of her synthetic LA101 and it helped the weight distribution. She found it too barrel heavy.
A couple of fellas use them at my club and think they're pretty good. I've had a shot and they are good fun and well balanced. The action makes them quick too.
Slant225
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by InisBineest » 12 Apr 2021, 1:26 pm

I sold mine years ago sadly. It was a good plinking and field rifle, but i was after a precision rifle at the time, and by that criteria it disappointed me. Problem is, now i'm looking for one to buy again! I've sorted out the precision 22, and now for a fun plinker and hunter the Summit rifle fits the bill.... know any for sale? :P
InisBineest
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Drifty » 29 Jun 2021, 2:16 pm

InisBineest wrote:I sold mine years ago sadly. It was a good plinking and field rifle, but i was after a precision rifle at the time, and by that criteria it disappointed me. Problem is, now i'm looking for one to buy again! I've sorted out the precision 22, and now for a fun plinker and hunter the Summit rifle fits the bill.... know any for sale? :P

I find the a22r more of a fun plinker than the PWS summit. I just got a new Volquartsen firing pin and extractor for my PWS summit so i hope it improves reliability.
Drifty
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles