Accurate factory ammo for Lithgow LA101

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Re: Accurate factory ammo for Lithgow LA101

Post by byadbo boy » 06 Feb 2019, 8:31 am

lovely pic- I haven't tried a CZ steel mag in mine.
I am gathering by the photo they obviously work fine so that's good to know !
They sure are sexy in black cerakote with a laminate stock.
Problem for me is I just cant bring myself to bash such a work of art stock around in a farm ute !
byadbo boy
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by deye243 » 06 Feb 2019, 1:26 pm

The Ute is 70% of its use and I have found the cerakote is tough enough to cope with knocks from the window sill and frame no probs and l use 6 mags , the 101 mag and the 6 and 10 shot cz both plastic and steel no problem.
It gets used out to 300y on steel plates a lot .
deye243
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Mattraff » 28 Feb 2019, 3:34 pm

My 101 shoots CCI subs best and so do all my other .22's. I bought a 101 purely for patriotic reasons even though Lithgow are owned by the French. Mine stays in the safe though as I prefer my CZ as it shoots anything well whereas the 101 is very fussy. Mine has feed issues and I know it's an easy fix but at $1050 for a .22 it should not happen and was/is a real disappointment in what is otherwise an extremely well engineered and finished rifle. I think they also need to look into the magazine well and make it a little more snug as the mags are fairly loose and this may be a factor in the feed issues.
Mattraff
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by deye243 » 28 Feb 2019, 9:03 pm

Mattraff wrote:My 101 shoots CCI subs best and so do all my other .22's. I bought a 101 purely for patriotic reasons even though Lithgow are owned by the French. Mine stays in the safe though as I prefer my CZ as it shoots anything well whereas the 101 is very fussy. Mine has feed issues and I know it's an easy fix but at $1050 for a .22 it should not happen and was/is a real disappointment in what is otherwise an extremely well engineered and finished rifle. I think they also need to look into the magazine well and make it a little more snug as the mags are fairly loose and this may be a factor in the feed issues.

As much as I like mine they should have used the ruger mags
they would have been very nice to use 10 shots and no crappy
mag hanging out like a unwelcome turd ....
deye243
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Previous

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles