The Brno model 2. .22

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Re: The Brno model 2. .22

Post by bladeracer » 01 Feb 2020, 11:21 am

olly_2001 wrote:Loving the BRNO love. I have 2 and love them. A tip for using the excellent iron sights on them is
Set for 50M.
If 25m aim half inch lower
If 75m aim half inch higher
If 100m aim 1 and 1/4 inch higher
Works nicely!

With which specific ammo?
The reason I ask, is that even the 1640fps Stinger drops 4.5 inches at 100m from a 50m zero.
I mainly shoot CCI Standard Velocity (40gn RN at 1080fps) and a 50m zero drops three-inches at 75m and nine-inches at 100m.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Wapiti » 11 Feb 2020, 6:27 am

What scope have you got now? The Brnos have a long throw on the bolt that interferes with fitting a scope with a large ocular lens at a reasonable height.
Something to bear in mind if you are looking at upgrading yours.[/quote]

Just check, might depend on the brand of scope you're using.

On my '58 Mod 2, I have the lowest steel Lynx mounts available and a VX Freedom 2-7x33 Rimfire and there's clearance no worries. They have a small occular though. Only my opinion, but bigger scopes are just extra weight on field rimfires.
Its so low, the scope objective actually sits lower that the big rear sight, but as it's the tube you look through, you don't see it.
Saved me taking the rear iron sight off, and butchering the looks.
Wapiti
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by brinny » 12 Feb 2020, 6:02 am

I have 3 mdl 2 Bruno’s... have them all set up with Hlllver bridge mounts an M8 6x Leupold scopes... all 3 tackhole.... One will end up with a thermal scope on it soon... thinking a Night Tech 32 for rabbits....
A day without a hunt, is a day lost.....
brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Previous

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles