Is a weapons license required to buy conversion stock in QLD

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Is a weapons license required to buy conversion stock in QLD

Post by kkong666 » 15 Feb 2019, 8:07 pm

Hey

I was wondering if a weapons license is required to purchase a rifle stock/chassis in QLD? My father has a Ruger 10/22 he has a license, I wanted to buy him a archangel conversion stock for his birthday but I don't have a weapons license?
kkong666
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Is a weapons license required to buy conversion stock in

Post by Farmerpete » 16 Feb 2019, 4:45 pm

Not real sure on weather or not you could leave the store with the chassis it varies from state to state at one point they were looking at adding a pta for chassis in victoria or nsw i cant remember which it was in the impact statement around christmas dont know how that went but if you realy wanted to get it for him you could probly talk to your local shop and get them to order one in and put it aside so he could pick it up just get a gift card from the shop for the cost or give him cash. Best advice is to talk to local gun shop they will know the laws of your state
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 16 Feb 2019, 7:26 pm

kkong666 wrote:Hey

I was wondering if a weapons license is required to purchase a rifle stock/chassis in QLD? My father has a Ruger 10/22 he has a license, I wanted to buy him a archangel conversion stock for his birthday but I don't have a weapons license?

I doubt there is any restriction on a rifle chassis, but your dealer will know.
I know handgun chassis are illegal down here.
Attachments
Vic pistol chassis.JPG
Vic pistol chassis.JPG (37.63 KiB) Viewed 1854 times
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by kkong666 » 18 Feb 2019, 1:51 pm

Sellers on eBay say it's not illegal I rang the local firearms shop they said you require a license I think that's just there protocol considering it's a firearm shop . But thank you for the responses
kkong666
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 18 Feb 2019, 4:21 pm

kkong666 wrote:Sellers on eBay say it's not illegal I rang the local firearms shop they said you require a license I think that's just there protocol considering it's a firearm shop . But thank you for the responses

The Ebay Seller doesn't care, it's no skin off his nose if you buy something illegal.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles