Tikka T1X thoughts? Hmmmm

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Tikka T1X thoughts? Hmmmm

Post by ClaytonT88 » 16 Feb 2019, 8:10 pm

So I got down to a gun shop today which had advertised they had Tikka T1X's mid week to try the fit and finish and see what suits me best, they were out of stock and not expecting any until Mid-April (350 on backorder nation wide and only 150-200 coming in each shipment).
Unfortunately I ran out of time and they were shutting up so I didn't get much chance to sample much else but the 3 rifles I mentioned - Tikka T1X 20", CZ American 22LR and Lithgow LA101 were a 2+ month wait.

Thoughts? Do I try and look for a second hand rifle or do I pick up the phone, ring around and wangle a day to go down and see if anyone has what I want in stock?
Easy come, easy go.

Tikka T1X 22LR - VX Freedom 3-9X40
ClaytonT88
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Re: Hmmmm

Post by SCJ429 » 16 Feb 2019, 8:17 pm

It looks like you are going to have to be patient either way.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 16 Feb 2019, 8:20 pm

ClaytonT88 wrote:So I got down to a gun shop today which had advertised they had Tikka T1X's mid week to try the fit and finish and see what suits me best, they were out of stock and not expecting any until Mid-April (350 on backorder nation wide and only 150-200 coming in each shipment).
Unfortunately I ran out of time and they were shutting up so I didn't get much chance to sample much else but the 3 rifles I mentioned - Tikka T1X 20", CZ American 22LR and Lithgow LA101 were a 2+ month wait.

Thoughts? Do I try and look for a second hand rifle or do I pick up the phone, ring around and wangle a day to go down and see if anyone has what I want in stock?

When I wanted the Ruger American Compact that were out of stock I sent out a heap of emails, and got a response from Magnum Sports who had two of them.

If you don't know if you actually want one though your best bet is asking around to find somebody that has one you can look at.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by ClaytonT88 » 16 Feb 2019, 9:29 pm

SCJ, Yep, I'm prepared to wait and in no hurry to fork out the cash just a bit surprised. It seems 22LR is a popular calibre, especially in these 3 rifles. I was more shocked to hear how long a store can wait 2-6 months for orders to be filled from the manufacturers. They both had CZ 455 Stainless/Synthetics sitting on the shelf but I didn't like the feel of them.

Blade, I'll be doing the ask around over the next week and see who has either a T1X or a Lithgow I can have a look at. Everyone up this was is a CZ fan which goes to show the quality of the firearm but I'd like to try a couple of other to make an educated guess.

I'm quite happy to wait and I've got a few offers to go shooting in the meantime. I was just surprised. To their credit, neither shop would take a deposit without a guarantee of having the firearm within 30 days and both told me not to put money down on a safe until I had a PTA in for the firearm.
Easy come, easy go.

ClaytonT88
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Kaid » 17 Feb 2019, 6:16 am

Try Owens guns Gympie
I'am never wrong, thought I was once but I was mistaken
Kaid
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Tikka T1X thoughts? Hmmmm

Post by ClaytonT88 » 18 Feb 2019, 1:04 pm

Put a deposit down on a T1X today at the SARA store in Adelaide, they had one in stock and although I
Haven't handled one yet it ticks all the boxes I want on paper and they helped me out on price etc as I'm getting a scope, rings, safe and ammo all at the same time.
I'll hopefully get down in the next week or so to have a look, do the PTA and pick up a safe.
Easy come, easy go.

ClaytonT88
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Stix » 18 Feb 2019, 11:13 pm

ClaytonT88 wrote:Put a deposit down on a T1X today at the SARA store in Adelaide, they had one in stock and although I
Haven't handled one yet it ticks all the boxes I want on paper and they helped me out on price etc as I'm getting a scope, rings, safe and ammo all at the same time.
I'll hopefully get down in the next week or so to have a look, do the PTA and pick up a safe.

Excellent news Clayton...great stuff ... :thumbsup: :clap:
When are you going in there this week...?
Ill have to get in there to have a look at it before you collect it... :lol:
Congrats... :drinks:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by ClaytonT88 » 19 Feb 2019, 6:29 am

Hopefully this week but we're flat out at work so maybe next week ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Easy come, easy go.

ClaytonT88
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal