Got the CZ 452 varmint. .22LR

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Re: Got the CZ 452 varmint. .22LR

Post by Flyer » 23 Mar 2019, 12:26 pm

So you only shot a couple of groups with each different type of ammo? That would likely explain the consistency issue.
The laws of physics do not apply to politics.
Flyer
Corporal
Corporal

-

Post by Gun nut. » 23 Mar 2019, 1:47 pm

Sorry should have explained it better. I shot 10 5 shot groups with each ammo. Cheers.
CZ 527 .223 varmit
Tikka T3 .308
K98 .308
Norinco JW-25A .22
Brno no.2 .22

Coonan .357 semi-auto
Ruger GP100 .357
S&W 617-1 .22
S&W 686-3 8 3/8
Colt rail gun 1911 .22
Gun nut.
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Flyer » 24 Mar 2019, 3:07 pm

Ah, fair enough. The minimag group doesn't look too bad. I use them in my Winchester 9422. My old 452 also liked most Federal ammo. You're always going to have a little bit of inconsistency with 22 hunting ammo as what you're paying for with the more expensive match ammo is tighter tolerances and less inconsistency. I don't know if you've tried the SK yet, but I don't know many (if any) Brn/CZ rifles that don't like it.
The laws of physics do not apply to politics.
Flyer
Corporal
Corporal

-

Post by Diamond Jim » 04 Apr 2019, 1:27 am

A lot of the USA based advice talks about an "ACE #144 spring" or similar for 20 cents or such. I have no idea where to source something like that. I don't have an ACE Hardware store in Western Australia. I do know the Yo-Dave kit was the best $18 I've ever spent on a firearm improvement - ever! Even if I only actually used, maybe, $2 of actual parts in the kit. It completely transformed my rifle from "meh" to "wow!".
YMMV, JIm
Listing your firearms is as good as a fingerprint.
Diamond Jim
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Diamond Jim » 13 Apr 2019, 3:13 am

Agree with Flyer, it's not the trigger weight so much as the gritty creep I had in the "take up" phase of the trigger pull. Eliminating that creep completely changed the rifle. That said, many don't have that issue and have great triggers out of the box. I wasn't so lucky but I was able to fix the issue cheaply and with minimal effort and skills. YMMV
In any case CZ are the best value rifles for the money in my humble opinion.That's why I bought more in different calibres.
Listing your firearms is as good as a fingerprint.
Diamond Jim
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Previous

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles