Alfa Proj Carbine/hunter (revolving carbine)

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Re: Alfa Proj Carbine/hunter (revolving carbine)

Post by cracker » 26 Apr 2019, 11:34 pm

Wombat wrote:
cracker wrote:
Wombat wrote:
cracker wrote:
Wombat wrote:Ok. No. I'm not going to interact any further with a troll. Anyone who owns or has owned (or even used) a 10/22 would not be calling it gas operated.

whats is the method of actuating the bolt? its just not a locked bolt its still gas operated.

It is a blowback semi automatic, not a gas operated semi auto or a recoil operated semi auto or an open bolt blowback semi auto.
A gas operated semi auto uses the gas from combustion (usually tapped from towards the muzzle end of the barrel) via a piston and operating rod to work the bolt.
A blowback action could be argued to be Gas operated, equally it could also be argued it is Recoil operated.

meh im not arguing semantics over small arms design.

Well you did start to. Is it because you consider that your assertion is correct, but that I am intransigent that you want to stop? Or did you actually check and realize your mistake?

i would consider a auto 5 a recoil actuated gun, where as a 22lr straight blow back more so a gas/recoil operated i guess... im not sure it really matters
the way i look at the operation, one uses recoil to run the action the other gas pressure and recoil i guess. once again semantics.
"REALISING" mistakes is one of the most humble things someone can do, it doesnt alway matter.
cracker
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by mickb » 27 Apr 2019, 4:04 pm

As hey say crackers, when the debate gets too hard, don't get angry, get semantic. :D I'm still waiting for a video of this two handed trigger/trigger release style showing it runs as fast and easily as a semi-auto.... Seriously if the gun did anything like that it would have sold out in stores one week and been banned from imports the second.
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by cracker » 27 Apr 2019, 10:11 pm

mickb wrote:As hey say crackers, when the debate gets too hard, don't get angry, get semantic. :D I'm still waiting for a video of this two handed trigger/trigger release style showing it runs as fast and easily as a semi-auto.... Seriously if the gun did anything like that it would have sold out in stores one week and been banned from imports the second.

... it might run well if a part was to wear out...or fail... but that would be recoil operation :thumbsup:

honestly i think they have sold okay... but not as well as the adler did and they are kinda nasty... and some what effective...

id love to see some pictures/strip one down to see how they use the double trigger/bolt release type..thing.
only reason its legal here is because the semi auto was never released...good marketing savage.

im guessing it just has a 2nd trigger that stops the bolt running forward... and then you have your trigger for the firing pin.

the mind wonders at the thought of a jb welded fixed firing pin.
cracker
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Cranky247 » 23 Dec 2020, 9:25 am

Do we have any advice on the accuracy of these little revolver rifles? I like weird and different guns but do appreciate some level of accuracy.

I figured I'd add to an existing thread and try to drag it back on topic
Cranky247
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Previous

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles