Zastava CZ99 .22 problem

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Zastava CZ99 .22 problem

Post by Custom_Built » 08 Feb 2014, 4:18 pm

G'day all,

I have a Zastava CZ99 chambered in .22lr, Its a great rifle, tho it has one major problem. It will not extract any winchester, highland or fiocchi ammo (these are the only ones I've tried). But it will extract Federal bulk pack ammo. I've cleaned every nook and cranny with a toothbrush and WD-40, i've stoned and filed the extractors to no avail. My local gun shop claims that there is nothing wrong with it, and won't replace the rifle or the extractors. I now travel else where to get my supplies.

Is there something that I'm missing? I really want it to be fixed, its a tack driver but frankly I cannot be bothered pushing out every empty case with the cleaning rod. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I will upload some pictures, as soon as i get my camera back.

Thanks.
Custom_Built
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Zastava CZ99 .22 problem

Post by Rocker » 08 Feb 2014, 8:24 pm

Custom_Built wrote:My local gun shop claims that there is nothing wrong with it, and won't replace the rifle or the extractors.

I dunno about your problem sorry mate, but if the store is dicking you around lodge a complaint with Vic consumer affairs.

Sounds like a problem you can easily replicate so shouldn't be any trouble showing that it's faulty.

I've had the same thing (not for guns, other things) in the past when stores wouldn't return or exchange something when I was entitled to one.

I lodged a formal complaint and as soon as the stores got their notification from consumer affairs they folder and returned the things as they should have.

Have had it done twice now for a fridge and a computer.
Sako A7 30-06
Marlin 1895 Guide Gun 45-70
Rocker
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by Chronos » 08 Feb 2014, 8:45 pm

Rocker wrote:
Custom_Built wrote:My local gun shop claims that there is nothing wrong with it, and won't replace the rifle or the extractors.

I dunno about your problem sorry mate, but if the store is dicking you around lodge a complaint with Vic consumer affairs.

Sounds like a problem you can easily replicate so shouldn't be any trouble showing that it's faulty.

I've had the same thing (not for guns, other things) in the past when stores wouldn't return or exchange something when I was entitled to one.

I lodged a formal complaint and as soon as the stores got their notification from consumer affairs they folder and returned the things as they should have.

Have had it done twice now for a fridge and a computer.

I know what you're saying mate but now he said he has "filed and stoned the extractors" his words any hope of warrantee is gone

To the op I'm sorry to hear your gun is not performing as expected unfortunately you've bought a rifle made in Serbia, an entry level gun if ever there was one and such problems are to be expected.

That said its common for some rimfires to be sensitive to rim thickness, one such rifle is the modern anschutz 64 repeater rifles which can have extraction/ejection problems.

To be honest you've done what I would have done. Searched for the problem, then searched for a solution. Unfortunately for you it hasn't solved the problem but I hope you can.

Chronos
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by ozfisher71 » 08 Feb 2014, 8:49 pm

Contact Beretta Australia regarding the problems that you have .
Recently they re worked a .22mag for me that had a number of issues (very minor).
Ask for the contact details for the rep that looks after the region that you are in and take things from there.
The local rep. for me went out of his way to ensure that everything was right and even delivered the re worked rifle to me personally.
No need to start getting "legal". They generally shall look after you quite well.
ozfisher71
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Seik » 09 Feb 2014, 10:55 am

I know a few guys who've contacted Beretta directly for problems too and been treated well. They're pretty keen to fix this and keep up their good rep from all accounts.
Seik
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by inspector » 09 Feb 2014, 11:06 am

Just as a short term thin (or maybe permanent) there are still plenty of other brands of ammo you could try that may cycle fine and shoot well.

RWS, Sellier and Bellot, SK Munition, CCI, Federal Gold Medal etc...
inspector
Private
Private

Victoria

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles