Dry firing a rimfire

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Re: Dry firing a rimfire

Post by sungazer » 08 Oct 2019, 10:03 am

I am pretty sure it is a real person the on topic is too close a match for a bot to do I would have thought. Although the copy and paste is still very bot like. There have been posts removed when they were not so close to on topic. I think the identity should be blocked as I am with Blade and think clicking on any link would be very dangerous to your computer or you are making everything on your computer available to the identity
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by Stix » 08 Oct 2019, 10:50 am

Yea good point(s)...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by YoungBuck » 09 Oct 2019, 8:15 am

sungazer wrote:I am pretty sure it is a real person the on topic is too close a match for a bot to do I would have thought. Although the copy and paste is still very bot like. There have been posts removed when they were not so close to on topic. I think the identity should be blocked as I am with Blade and think clicking on any link would be very dangerous to your computer or you are making everything on your computer available to the identity

Just don't click on the links until you have verified the URL, blocking this user doesn't make anything 'safer'.
If they are using a URL shortener like in the previous post, use something like the below site to expand on it to check the real URL behind it:
http://checkshorturl.com/expand.php
It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards, Tannen, and it's pointed straight at your head!
YoungBuck
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by sungazer » 09 Oct 2019, 8:42 am

I mean the moderators, admin blocking the user. They will have several options IP blocking username blocking ect deleting the user is not always the best action as they can just re-register.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by YoungBuck » 10 Oct 2019, 8:09 am

I doubt they have many methods to block someone. IP blocking wont work as most ISPs use dynamic IP addresses for internet subscriptions. Also by simply using a VPN they can get back to the site via any number of different IPs.

If you are worried about malicious links, educate yourself about online safety and what you can do to not get caught out. Anyone can post a malicious link, not just this one user. Gone well off topic, I wont post anymore about this here.
It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards, Tannen, and it's pointed straight at your head!
YoungBuck
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by james13 » 30 Oct 2019, 6:48 pm

This is one of the Lithgow bolt and chambers from a club rifles that are about 2 years old. They might get dry fired 20-30 times a day.
Attachments
20191030_192734.jpg
Lithgow bolt
20191030_192734.jpg (769.63 KiB) Viewed 7291 times
20191030_192750.jpg
Lithgow bolt
20191030_192750.jpg (931.07 KiB) Viewed 7291 times
james13
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by allan » 01 Nov 2019, 2:22 pm

Best example I've ever seen to illustrate why repeated dry firing 22LR is not such a bright idea.
Thanks for posting.
allan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Other

Post by FNQ » 03 Nov 2019, 1:55 pm

Never intentionally dry fired a rimfire. Center fires all the time.

Was coming around to the idea of dry firing the rimfire but not after seeing the Lithgow photos.

Thanks james13
Gamo CF.177, Savage A.22ss, JW15A, Savage 42 .22/.410, Stirlng .22MAG, Howa .223 stainless, Remington 770 .308, Savage AXIS .30-06, #4 MK1 .303, #4 MK2 .303,#5 .303, Akkar Churchill O/U 12ga, Chippa lever 12ga.

GSM 1911 .22, Glock 17A 9mm, Glock 34 9mm
FNQ
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by in2anity » 03 Nov 2019, 2:35 pm

FNQ wrote:Never intentionally dry fired a rimfire. Center fires all the time.

Was coming around to the idea of dry firing the rimfire but not after seeing the Lithgow photos.

Thanks james13

Even dry firing a cf isn’t the brightest idea. Be kind to your bolt and just use a snap cap!
At what point does lack of maintenance become patina?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles