What is CZ's Bobox surface treatment?

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Re: What is CZ's Bobox surface treatment?

Post by ramshackle » 22 Oct 2019, 8:59 am

Bill wrote:I find it very reassuring that the process CZ uses isn't just a superficial coating like blueing or cerakoting, knowing that it is atleast 2mm deep will let me sleep more easily.

That's what they CLAIM, but we have no proof because it's a secret.

What will you be buying ??

One of the many other options, probably just s/steel
ramshackle
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Bill » 22 Oct 2019, 9:03 am

LOL @S/Steel wouldnt you be worried about galling..... :lol:
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by ramshackle » 22 Oct 2019, 9:09 am

Bill wrote:LOL @S/Steel wouldnt you be worried about galling..... :lol:

Why would I be?

Dissimilar grades of SS in the contacting parts, with proper lube, solves the problem

Galling was a problem with some early stainless guns but is pretty much nonexistent now.
ramshackle
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Bill » 22 Oct 2019, 9:57 am

Ummm incorrect galling can be a problem with both CM and SS and I have seen many recent built rifles with galling issues, your claim that it is non existent is bollocks, many people on here already think you over reach, please stop confirming it. :wtf:

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Stix » 22 Oct 2019, 10:13 am

Bill...thats a bit harsh...!!

Im sure Ramo can give some examples of the "early stainless guns" he's owned that had issues with galling, & how his thorough knowledge in metallurgy can demonstrate how this galling-like that i had on a new rifle recently-doesnt happen anymore...
:)

Its going to get interesting here soon...

You know...when he starts educating No1Mk3 about historic mil surps, re-educating Marksman how to load ammo, SCJ & sungazer how to shoot, & big pete how to call a fox in with lip squeeks...

QUACK QUACK...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by ramshackle » 22 Oct 2019, 10:22 am

Bill wrote:Ummm incorrect galling can be a problem with both CM and SS and I have seen many recent built rifles with galling issues, your claim that it is non existent is bollocks, many people on here already think you over reach, please stop confirming it. :wtf:

Give me a link to a decent source that confirms galling is an issue in modern rimfire rifles.

If it's a real problem, there should be plenty of links you can provide. :roll:
ramshackle
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Bill » 22 Oct 2019, 11:30 am

Oh deer you asked for links....if its not on the interweeb then it can't be real :lol:

I've only posted from my experiences, how bout you put down the mouse and go play in the sand pit with the other kids. :sarcasm:

Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by ramshackle » 22 Oct 2019, 11:44 am

Bill wrote:Oh deer you asked for links....if its not on the interweeb then it can't be real :lol:

Thought so, it's some forum anonymity who is sure there is no global warming and all the s/s guns are galled.

I've only posted from my experiences

I prefer verifiable data, not anecdotes.
ramshackle
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Bill » 22 Oct 2019, 12:13 pm

Ramshackle if you ve only ever learnt stuff off the interweeb I shudder to think what you may have picked up off an ault websites :oops: :lol:

Mate can I recommend a more appropriate hunting forum where your style of rich story telling will find a greater audience......... AHN :mrgreen:

Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Stix » 22 Oct 2019, 1:36 pm

ramshackle wrote:
Bill wrote:Ummm incorrect galling can be a problem with both CM and SS and I have seen many recent built rifles with galling issues, your claim that it is non existent is bollocks, many people on here already think you over reach, please stop confirming it. :wtf:

Give me a link to a decent source that confirms galling is an issue in modern rimfire rifles.

If it's a real problem, there should be plenty of links you can provide. :roll:

Ah...back to the continually tried & failed bullying tactics of the clown who gets through life riding the dictatory passive aggressive wave of projection...

Remember that word i taught you Ramo...??..sure you do...

Projection...
Putting onto others that which we most despise within ourselves... :thumbsup:

You're a sad little sissy boy Ramo...

Quack Quack...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 22 Oct 2019, 2:01 pm

ramshackle wrote:
TassieTiger wrote:So you wouldn’t also be taking any so called improved / advanced pharmaceuticals either - as without a chemistry degree, your not going to understand the improvements.

Medicines are NOT secretive. They have to go through extensive and exhaustive and OPEN testing. That's the exact opposite of what we have here. :roll:

If that were true, how would the FDA allow an opioid epedemic to occur...because they develop a pain pill that they say is coated in polyphodticcabavsnol - a coating that doesn’t allow opioid addiction and we have tested this costing and it is better than Bobox...but...but....
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by ramshackle » 22 Oct 2019, 4:30 pm

TassieTiger wrote:If that were true, how would the FDA allow an opioid epedemic to occur...

Further studies brought the addiction potential to light. More study, more answers. Everyone knows what opioids are, and there are no mysteries.
ramshackle
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 22 Oct 2019, 4:32 pm

That’s the point - they aren’t exactly “open” if it requires “further” studies to understand ramifications and potential....
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by ramshackle » 22 Oct 2019, 4:40 pm

Yes, they are open, but the addiction potential was not well understood. That's why research never stops.

Go on, go study global warming and prove it's not happening or man is not involved. YOU'LL BE FAMOUS, AND RICH AND WIN THE NOBEL PRIZE AND I WILL PERSONALLY KISS YOUR BOOTS!
ramshackle
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 22 Oct 2019, 5:09 pm

You have completely contradicted yourself.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by xDom » 22 Oct 2019, 6:34 pm

:D I'm actually enjoying Ram being back on site. It's fun.
xDom
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by SCJ429 » 22 Oct 2019, 9:06 pm

Under what circumstances are people experiencing galling on their rifles? Are you using Titanium action bolts or muzzle breaks and not using any anti seize between the two surfaces?
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Stix » 23 Oct 2019, 8:33 am

SCJ429 wrote:Under what circumstances are people experiencing galling on their rifles? Are you using Titanium action bolts or muzzle breaks and not using any anti seize between the two surfaces?

As i said, mine was a new rifle that obviously had been used without adequate lube...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Bill » 23 Oct 2019, 11:18 am

Yeap new rifle too, Cast stainless action, quite a few spots on the bolt and the lug area, just not finished 100%. Anyway this thread isn't about galling carry on :drinks:

Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by mikejay » 23 Oct 2019, 12:54 pm

Bill wrote:Yeap new rifle too, Cast stainless action, quite a few spots on the bolt and the lug area, just not finished 100%. Anyway this thread isn't about galling carry on :drinks:

Isn't Bobox just blued pre-galling?
mikejay
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by SCJ429 » 23 Oct 2019, 6:57 pm

Stix wrote:
SCJ429 wrote:Under what circumstances are people experiencing galling on their rifles? Are you using Titanium action bolts or muzzle breaks and not using any anti seize between the two surfaces?

As i said, mine was a new rifle that obviously had been used without adequate lube...

I must have missed that bit, all I read was you winding up your new mate, Ranjet.

A bit like Bill trying to get the thread back on track after his own tangent about galling.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by mikejay » 24 Oct 2019, 7:48 am

CZ holds no patents relating to a surface preparation or finish.

https://patents.google.com/?assignee=%C ... ojovka+A.S.
mikejay
Private
Private

New South Wales

PreviousNext

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles