Ruger Precision rimfire magazine issue

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Re: Ruger Precision rimfire magazine issue

Post by wildcard6 » 29 Oct 2019, 1:36 pm

I believe it's a .22LR - only problem. I just came across someone with a Ruger Target model in .22LR and his scratches the side of EVERY round as it chambers it! Small wonder he's not getting good accuracy! By all means unbox your rifle and try it out, and I wish you luck [I mean that]. I believe that not all Ruger RPR Rimfires have the problem that mine had, because I know folks who are very happy with theirs and they are shooting rimfire Practical Rifle competitions with them. It looks like some are good and some are not. If you get a bad one, take it back to where you got it and Nioa can deal with it. The problem of bad feeding evidently can't be fixed, so if you get a dud, it's no good. I bought a CZ 457 Varmint instead and I'm very happy with it. No feeding issues and it's very accurate. I'm waiting for a Yodave trigger kit to arrive so I can lighten the trigger more than the in-built adjustment allows, but even on the heavy side, it's a fantastic trigger!
wildcard6
Private
Private

South Australia

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles