Barrel Tuner Australia

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Re: Barrel Tuner Australia

Post by straightshooter » 25 Nov 2019, 6:51 am

Barrel tuners are pretty 'old tech'.
They have been around in one form or another since at least the 1940's and have had their occasional periods of popularity with target shooters.
Some shooters love them while other shooters think they are a useless appendage to a rifle.
I think it's time for something new, something like Peter Brock's energy polarizer attached to your barrel which will "align the molecules" of your barrel thereby making it shoot straighter and sweeter and make your cartridge more powder efficient.
And remember it was invented here in Australia!
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Re: Barrel Tuner Australia

Post by sungazer » 25 Nov 2019, 7:04 am

The issue as the way I see it, Is that by placing a barrel tuner at the end of your barrel or even a magneto speed. It add weight and changes both the balance point of your rifle and in turn and byitself will change the natural jump of the rifle.

So as soon as one is put on it makes a change. From that point on if the change can be controlled is where the unknown starts can they be used to get repeatable results? what if the load goes out of tune during a comp do you know how to adjust the barrel tuner to get the rifle back in tune?

One of the other effects that I am a believer of is that a barrel tuner can change your crown. It becomes an extension of your crown. IMO setting up a repeatable and even pressure wave around the bullet as it leaves the barrel is also a phenomena that sets your bullet on the right path to accuracy.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles