.22 Winchester Pest Control

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

.22 Winchester Pest Control

Post by FNQ » 28 Nov 2019, 8:10 pm

Purchased a pack of Winchester Pest Control Super X today.

Top of the box has a picture of snake and #12 shot.

Now I have never used snake shot before so I thought I’d try them out on a 10l water container....

I wouldn’t be shooting a snake with these rounds. In order for the shot to be effective I’d have to be about 2m from a snake!

These little shot would just upset a Tiapan or King Brown at my place :shock:

$30 for 50 of the .22 I’ll be sticking with the 12GA

Has anyone used the “Pest Control” shot for anything other then novelty?
Gamo CF.177, Savage A.22ss, JW15A, Savage 42 .22/.410, Stirlng .22MAG, Howa .223 stainless, Remington 770 .308, Savage AXIS .30-06, #4 MK1 .303, #4 MK2 .303,#5 .303, Akkar Churchill O/U 12ga, Chippa lever 12ga.

GSM 1911 .22, Glock 17A 9mm, Glock 34 9mm
FNQ
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Re: .22 Winchester Pest Control

Post by bladeracer » 28 Nov 2019, 8:13 pm

FNQ wrote:Purchased a pack of Winchester Pest Control Super X today.

Top of the box has a picture of snake and #12 shot.

Now I have never used snake shot before so I thought I’d try them out on a 10l water container....

I wouldn’t be shooting a snake with these rounds. In order for the shot to be effective I’d have to be about 2m from a snake!

These little shot would just upset a Tiapan or King Brown at my place :shock:

$30 for 50 of the .22 I’ll be sticking with the 12GA

Has anyone used the “Pest Control” shot for anything other then novelty?

I tried it on horse flies with little success, there's good reason it's called dust shot.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by duncan61 » 28 Nov 2019, 9:30 pm

Its rat shot and good for mice and finches at 20 feet or less.The water rats where I used to live it just made them angry
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Stix » 28 Nov 2019, 9:43 pm

Think ive still got some floating around my ammo box...pretty sure the ol' man gave them to me a little while ago...(30 or more odd years is a little while ago...isnt it...?)

Ive busted a few pigeons in farmers sheds with them a couple of years ago...they were pretty effective--when i had my glasses on & could make out the iron sights on the old BSA single shot that is...

Aside from that...a .410 is a good snake round...be it guy, girl or kid...!!

But im not a snake shooter...im one to step aside & let them move on...no point making a fuss...( hopefully that doesnt come back to bite me--pun intended...!!... :lol: ... :huh: )

:drinks:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles