Anschutz Magazine Options

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Anschutz Magazine Options

Post by allan » 08 Dec 2019, 9:53 am

I have managed to break Anschutz magazine followers and base plates many times over the years. Here's a few solutions to repair/replace them:
The 5 shot steel Wisner magazines (Savage) from Brownells have always been a "drop in" for me on 64 repeater actions. They sometimes need to be modified slightly (5 minutes with a flat needle file) to fit 54 actions. I have never had one fail and they actually work better than OEM mags IMO.
DIP sell metal replacement plates and Kinney's Shooting Supplies in the US ship internationally and would probably be able to supply.
Nordic Marksman in Canada supply EVERYTHING Anschutz and will ship here.
I have bought factory replacements locally from Potter Firearms in Victoria.
CZ metal followers can be fitted to the Anschutz magazine and it's just a matter of adjusting the follower angle to obtain the correct feed.

https://www.brownells.com/magazines/rif ... 72216.aspx
https://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail.as ... 0&CAT=3599
http://www.nordicmarksman.com/index.php

allan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Other

Re: Anschutz Magazine Options

Post by sungazer » 08 Dec 2019, 10:12 am

I bought two of the Savage 10 rnd ones to fit in a 1710 54 action and had to do a lot of filing and even then only one sort of worked it never really seated properly and had to be held in tight. The curve of the 10 shot is different and it was probably the most limiting factor.

I am really only interested in the 10 shots but wont be buying any more Savages in the hope they fit.

Never broken an OEM plastic bottom one as yet either.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 08 Dec 2019, 11:29 am

Thanks...I always thought that you needed an export and import permit to import magazines?

But if you can from brownells that's awesome. I fixed my original 5 shots one and it's still holding after 300 rounds through it
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by allan » 08 Dec 2019, 11:51 am

sungazer wrote:I bought two of the Savage 10 rnd ones to fit in a 1710 54 action and had to do a lot of filing and even then only one sort of worked it never really seated properly and had to be held in tight. The curve of the 10 shot is different and it was probably the most limiting factor.

No one I know has successfully fitted a 10 rounder to an Anschutz 54 - Totally different animal to the 5 rounder. Wisners in general are a controversial topic with Anschutz owners. There are purists would wouldn't dream of using a Savage mag in their "top shelf" gun. I'm happy to use whatever will work for me and I bought 13 Wisners at US$14.00 each when the exchange rate was A$1.10 so I'm happy!
allan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Other

Post by sungazer » 08 Dec 2019, 12:36 pm

It was $35 Vs $120 so I bought 2 but in the end I would say that it was $70 down the drain. I could get them to work if I held them just right and one would work most of the time once you got it seated but not much fun. I had to take a lot of metal off trying to straighten out the bend to get it to insert far enough.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles