Side Note; when buying the Ruger Precision Rimfire

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Re: Side Note; when buying the Ruger Precision Rimfire

Post by StraightWhiteMale » 18 Feb 2020, 7:04 pm

bladeracer wrote:There is a warning there that they may not work in the RPR, have you had any feed issues?

Its still at the barn I'm waiting for my licence to come.
Looking at clevers website it says to use CCI ammo. Maybe they are not really ment for the precision. I'm sure it will work in it but might have some issues.
Attachments
D82F3EC2-BCB4-4D49-AC5A-4A095B8CA088.png
D82F3EC2-BCB4-4D49-AC5A-4A095B8CA088.png (1.25 MiB) Viewed 13599 times
StraightWhiteMale
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by juddi13 » 24 Jul 2020, 3:41 am

Have Ruger precision 22WMR with the BX-15. It holds 9 rounds for the WMR. Have one mag came with it..absolutely impossible to find extra mag anywhere and lucky 13 states there's are not for the WMR Precision. I'm at a loss as how or where to get a spare or two. ..miss the good old days when I walked into a gunshop aged 17 with a car license and brought an SKK 7.62x39mm semi-auto with 3x30 shot magazine's. Now you can't even find a 9 shot 22wmr mag for a bolt action. Crazy.
juddi13
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 29 Jul 2020, 5:48 pm

juddi13 wrote:Have Ruger precision 22WMR with the BX-15. It holds 9 rounds for the WMR. Have one mag came with it..absolutely impossible to find extra mag anywhere and lucky 13 states there's are not for the WMR Precision. I'm at a loss as how or where to get a spare or two. ..miss the good old days when I walked into a gunshop aged 17 with a car license and brought an SKK 7.62x39mm semi-auto with 3x30 shot magazine's. Now you can't even find a 9 shot 22wmr mag for a bolt action. Crazy.

Nine-rounds sounds like it's been crippled, the BX-15 should hold 15rds even in WMR.
I'm not aware of any pistols in WMR that use the Ruger magazine so I have no idea why yours would be restricted. Have you opened it up to see what's in there? The Charger is the reason we can't buy spare BX-15 mags, even if you have a dead mag you have to send yours back before they send you a replacement, and the replacement will be restricted to 10rds.
But it is easy to remove the restriction.

If you don't mind the 9rd mags though just get spare 9rd rotary WMR mags. Your dealer should be able to order them for you.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Random Holepuncher » 14 Aug 2020, 6:53 am

I have the RPRR in .17 HMR, and the Lucky 13 mag (25 rd) works perfectly. Initially I found that CCI fed more reliably - the intermittent issue was actually that the lip of the magazine would slightly overlap the rim of the fired case, preventing ejection - but a very light file of that lip allowed all ammo I tried to run perfectly. I tried Federal 17 grain, CCI 20 grain, and Hornady 20 grain (settled on the Hornady - crazy good groups - with CCI as a backup for when it isn't available).

In relation to the BX-15 that came with the rifle - it would only hold nine rounds. I tried to undo the two hex-head bolts, but discovered they'd been drilled out (tamper-proof?), so went to a mechanic mate and used his Easy-Out to remove them. Located a section of what can best be described as garden hose wedged in the magazine floor, removed it, slotted the bolt heads with a 1mm grinder disc (allowing them to be re-inserted by way of slot-head screwdriver), and the OEM magazine now holds the advertised 15 rounds. Annoying, but fairly easily solved.

BX-15.jpg
BX-15.jpg (943.96 KiB) Viewed 12434 times
Random Holepuncher
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Faedy » 14 Aug 2020, 10:19 pm

My son has RPR and lucky 13 15 shot mag
It works faultlessly with cci and winch ammo
Faedy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Ziege » 16 Aug 2020, 5:18 pm

um its a piece of reticulation hose that makes it 10 shot, just take it out and viola
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 16 Aug 2020, 9:50 pm

Ziege wrote:um its a piece of reticulation hose that makes it 10 shot, just take it out and viola

Not trying to be a smart arse - could the amendment amount to a change that might fall on the wrong side of our puppet masters?
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Ziege » 16 Aug 2020, 9:52 pm

not where im at... check with your local bolsheviks tho
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by bladeracer » 16 Aug 2020, 10:33 pm

TassieTiger wrote:
Ziege wrote:um its a piece of reticulation hose that makes it 10 shot, just take it out and viola

Not trying to be a smart arse - could the amendment amount to a change that might fall on the wrong side of our puppet masters?

I think all states allow 15rd rimfire mags, some states have no restriction at all.
You definitely cannot use a 15rd mag in a Ruger Charger though.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Woden » 18 Nov 2020, 10:21 am

I bought a Ruger Precision Rimfire from Horsley Park Gun Shop here in NSW and it came with a BX-15 which holds 15 rounds.
DaZ
Woden
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by junjun » 07 Dec 2020, 9:05 am

mikejay wrote:Old stock will be 15 rounds, new stock will be 10 rounds. At some point at the end of last year or early this year the rules around bringing 15 round mags into the country changed, while not illegal to own a 15 round mag. it is now illegal to import them.

is there a link about this?
junjun
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by CAVEMAN » 07 Dec 2020, 8:29 pm

I feel this is more marketing, NIOA could sell you a cheap mass produced 15 or 25 round ruger mag.

Or they could flog off a $150 lucky 13 one too you. I think more economics than legal.

But i might be wrong.
"Well if it ain't an 8 inch, i'm not paying"

Some guy on the internet circa 2020
CAVEMAN
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by cz515 » 07 Dec 2020, 9:03 pm

I think it's cuz some states (like VIC) that deem 15 round mags as cat C. If they import it as 10 then everyone will be happy. And they probably make more money from lucky thirteen for those in other states that want a 15 rnd mag
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 07 Dec 2020, 10:33 pm

cz515 wrote:I think it's cuz some states (like VIC) that deem 15 round mags as cat C. If they import it as 10 then everyone will be happy. And they probably make more money from lucky thirteen for those in other states that want a 15 rnd mag

15rd rimfire mags are fine in Victoria, and all other states.
Handguns are restricted to 10rds, and the BX15 fits the Ruger Charger - that's why it's a problem, because it's a 15rd pistol magazine. I have a 10rd-restricted BX15 stuck in Border Force currently. I don't know if they will eventually let it through or not.

Lucky13 is closed down.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 08 Dec 2020, 6:03 am

Thanks for the correction blade. I didn't know about lucky 13 closing down.

Re the 15 limit, i was also wrong there, but i think i got confused as last i was looking at cat C with its restriction of 10 round magazines.
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Next

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles