Side Note; when buying the Ruger Precision Rimfire

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Re: Side Note; when buying the Ruger Precision Rimfire

Post by cz515 » 07 Dec 2020, 9:03 pm

I think it's cuz some states (like VIC) that deem 15 round mags as cat C. If they import it as 10 then everyone will be happy. And they probably make more money from lucky thirteen for those in other states that want a 15 rnd mag
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 07 Dec 2020, 10:33 pm

cz515 wrote:I think it's cuz some states (like VIC) that deem 15 round mags as cat C. If they import it as 10 then everyone will be happy. And they probably make more money from lucky thirteen for those in other states that want a 15 rnd mag

15rd rimfire mags are fine in Victoria, and all other states.
Handguns are restricted to 10rds, and the BX15 fits the Ruger Charger - that's why it's a problem, because it's a 15rd pistol magazine. I have a 10rd-restricted BX15 stuck in Border Force currently. I don't know if they will eventually let it through or not.

Lucky13 is closed down.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 08 Dec 2020, 6:03 am

Thanks for the correction blade. I didn't know about lucky 13 closing down.

Re the 15 limit, i was also wrong there, but i think i got confused as last i was looking at cat C with its restriction of 10 round magazines.
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Previous

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles