Brno Mod 2 price??

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Re: Brno Mod 2 price??

Post by Shootermick » 06 Mar 2020, 8:51 pm

TassieTiger wrote:I know the original mag was worth a fair bit - I missed out on one a while back at just over $100.
I have the same plastic mag as this one - every. Ow and again, mine won’t feed the last round.

Yep, my last round won’t feed a lot of the time either. Didn’t get a mag with it so picked up the plastic one, it’s ok, but that last round is a bugger.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by John » 12 Apr 2020, 6:30 pm

i Probably wouldn’t sell it I’d redo the blueing tidy it up and keep it if I was to sell I definitely wouldn’t trade it in I don’t think a gun shop could offer you a reasonable price being they have to make a few dollars on it
id ask around Your local club you would find a m2 fan looking for one I’d say
My favs
.22lr Brno
.22 gamo cfx air rifle
.22 Brno K hornet
.303/22 sprinter
.243 tikka
6.6x55 Swede
.270 tikka
.300 win mag sako
12g beretta
John
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by NTSOG » 19 Apr 2020, 7:09 am

G'day,

I lucked on a 1987 Model 2 in a local gun shop a couple of years ago for $795. It is spotless and clearly was hardly ever used 'on the farm'. It's missing, as is often the case, the rear sight, removed to fit a scope. I have put a PARD NV 008 night sight on it. I finally got around to zeroing it just a few days ago shooting with a bipod and rear bag off a bench at 50 yards. It consistently shot groups of about 5-10 cent size under bench shooting conditions with sub-sonic CCI rounds. A couple of groups had all rounds overlapping and were 5 cent size - to my surprise. Now all I have to do is wait for hunting to start again, find some rabbits and see if I can do more than scare them!

Jim
NTSOG
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Shootermick » 19 Apr 2020, 7:48 am

NTSOG wrote:G'day,

I lucked on a 1987 Model 2 in a local gun shop a couple of years ago for $795. It is spotless and clearly was hardly ever used 'on the farm'. It's missing, as is often the case, the rear sight, removed to fit a scope. I have put a PARD NV 008 night sight on it. I finally got around to zeroing it just a few days ago shooting with a bipod and rear bag off a bench at 50 yards. It consistently shot groups of about 5-10 cent size under bench shooting conditions with sub-sonic CCI rounds. A couple of groups had all rounds overlapping and were 5 cent size - to my surprise. Now all I have to do is wait for hunting to start again, find some rabbits and see if I can do more than scare them!

Jim

I just saw a number 2 rear sight on used guns if you wanted to make it look original again. $145 though.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by NTSOG » 19 Apr 2020, 10:21 am

G'day shootermick,

Thanks for the info. I'll have a look for that rear sight. It's a lot of money, but parts for older firearms are often hard to get, so it's probably worth the cost to bring the rifle back to factory specifications.

Jim
NTSOG
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by marksman » 19 Apr 2020, 11:06 am

l bought this one for $100 a few years ago but it cost another $450 putting the stock on and cleaning it up

there a good rifle and well worth keeping
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by NTSOG » 19 Apr 2020, 1:25 pm

Marksman that looks a lovely job. Did you build the stock yourself?

I've attached a photo of mine in the gun shop. I am still amazed at how accurate it is.

By the way, are you trying to upset other deer hunters displaying your game? You haven't been sneaking out have you?

Jim
Attachments
BRNO Mod 2 1.jpg
BRNO Mod 2 1.jpg (98.04 KiB) Viewed 7511 times
NTSOG
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by marksman » 19 Apr 2020, 4:56 pm

no its a hatchers stock and the photo was taken a couple of years ago mate :thumbsup:
l should have a couple of deer hanging at the moment though, l just missed the rut down my way with the lock down but the family's not sick :drinks:
it wears the same stock as yours now the hogs back but its plain timber compared to yours, very very nice
l may have a mod 2 rear sight for you, l'll get back to you when l have a look ;)
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by NTSOG » 19 Apr 2020, 6:28 pm

Marksman, If you've got a Model 2 rear sight, that would be great. I checked the ad on Used Guns shootermick mentioned, but it was a Model 1 version.

Jim
NTSOG
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles