Gamo cfx triggers

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Gamo cfx triggers

Post by John » 06 Apr 2020, 3:54 pm

Hi there new to the forum hopping some one out there might be able to help.
I’ve had a .22 gamo cfx for quite a few years I’ve never used it much due to the terrible trigger for a very cheap rifle it shoots unbelievable good if you have the time to concentrate on your shot great on paper off a bench not so great in the field.
The problem is there’s a simple fix I’ve heard a Charlie detuna grt3 trigger but they don’t ship them out side the USA and I’ve been unable to find one in Australia.
If anyone out there could point me in the direction of a shop that can supply on or know of other options it would be much appreciated
Thank for taking the time to read my post
My favs
.22lr Brno
.22 gamo cfx air rifle
.22 Brno K hornet
.303/22 sprinter
.243 tikka
6.6x55 Swede
.270 tikka
.300 win mag sako
12g beretta
John
Private
Private

New South Wales

Re: Gamo cfx triggers

Post by scoot » 08 Apr 2020, 11:05 am

I asked a gunsmith/importer This question about a year or so ago. Short of it was its tough to aquire from the few limited suppliers, then import approvals/paperwork etc, exchange rate. The guys need to make money on their time. It ran close to $200 back then from memory so I never worried.
If you could get one for closer to $100 I'd do it but much more on a cheap gun is hard to justify.
scoot
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by John » 09 Apr 2020, 8:02 am

That’s right it’s really hard to justify spending $200 on a $30usd trigger and especially on a cheap rifle.
But for a cheap entry level rifle I can’t believe how straight it shoots totally surprised me as I’ve or ways bought higher end rifles. This was just a cheap gun to teach my son to shoot on the cheap and upgrade once his got the hang of it and learns how to take care of it properly.

If your still interested in one for around the $100 Australian I’ve found air gun haven in the uk will ship to Australia
Postage 18 euro
Trigger 38.85 euro
4% charge on PayPal 1.56 euro
Coverts to about $102 Australian landed here at a quick look at the figures it’s a bit cheaper than the $200 mentioned and probably the way I will go can’t source one anywhere here gun shops I’ve spoken to are of no help at all round here I’ve even asked around about trying to find a Australian version or something similar with no luck at all.
My favs
.22lr Brno
.22 gamo cfx air rifle
.22 Brno K hornet
.303/22 sprinter
.243 tikka
6.6x55 Swede
.270 tikka
.300 win mag sako
12g beretta
John
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by scoot » 09 Apr 2020, 10:28 am

Sounds good but I'm not sure how you'll go at the border. I was under the assumption a b709 import form was required due to it being an integral gun part????
scoot
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 09 Apr 2020, 5:00 pm

scoot wrote:Sounds good but I'm not sure how you'll go at the border. I was under the assumption a b709 import form was required due to it being an integral gun part????

Yes, you would need a B709, but they're free, at least in Victoria.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by John » 09 Apr 2020, 7:33 pm

From what I’m told you don’t due to it being a trigger blade not a complete trigger it supposedly fine but who really knows all depends on the and who interprets it not that it’s hard to get a b709
I’ve been trying to work it out have been able to get a definite answer if I do I will let you
My favs
.22lr Brno
.22 gamo cfx air rifle
.22 Brno K hornet
.303/22 sprinter
.243 tikka
6.6x55 Swede
.270 tikka
.300 win mag sako
12g beretta
John
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 09 Apr 2020, 8:10 pm

John wrote:From what I’m told you don’t due to it being a trigger blade not a complete trigger it supposedly fine but who really knows all depends on the and who interprets it not that it’s hard to get a b709
I’ve been trying to work it out have been able to get a definite answer if I do I will let you

Put in a B709, if it gets knocked back you'll know it's a problem.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by John » 10 Apr 2020, 9:16 am

I haven’t been able to find a definite answer it’s a grey area being part of a integral part I was told by the local gun shop it should be fine to import.
I’m not totally convinced I guess it comes down to who interprets the legislation at the boarder like many other legislations in this country it depends on the who and there knowledge understanding of the part and where it fits in legislation.
Have you ever put in a b709 is it possible for a individual to do or do you need to be a dealer and have a import license.
I’ve had a bit of a look but again the wording can be taking both ways. I’m not the best at deciphering government legislation and paper work any help would be much appreciated.
There wasn’t a fee mentioned in the reading I’ve done on b709 I don’t mind doing a bit of paper or a reasonable fee it that’s what I need to do.
My favs
.22lr Brno
.22 gamo cfx air rifle
.22 Brno K hornet
.303/22 sprinter
.243 tikka
6.6x55 Swede
.270 tikka
.300 win mag sako
12g beretta
John
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 10 Apr 2020, 9:28 am

John wrote:I haven’t been able to find a definite answer it’s a grey area being part of a integral part I was told by the local gun shop it should be fine to import.
I’m not totally convinced I guess it comes down to who interprets the legislation at the boarder like many other legislations in this country it depends on the who and there knowledge understanding of the part and where it fits in legislation.
Have you ever put in a b709 is it possible for a individual to do or do you need to be a dealer and have a import license.
I’ve had a bit of a look but again the wording can be taking both ways. I’m not the best at deciphering government legislation and paper work any help would be much appreciated.
There wasn’t a fee mentioned in the reading I’ve done on b709 I don’t mind doing a bit of paper or a reasonable fee it that’s what I need to do.

Yep, download it, print it, fill it out, send it in. You'll probably need to put your dealer's details on it. No cost in Victoria. With firearms they have to be collected from Border Force by a dealer before they can be transferred to you, I don't know if that applies to parts.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by John » 10 Apr 2020, 11:48 am

Thanks for your help will fill out the paperwork and go see my local gun shop see if his able to take the package on my behalf get him to fill out his bit on the paperwork.
Should I do the paperwork before I order it or is that done when it gets to the boarder it don’t say a lot on the information given.
It don’t seem all that hard or tho harder than I feel it should be for licensed responsible firearm owner but that’s how it goes I guess
Thanks again to you and the forum for your help and insight being a long time shooter new to the world of forums.
My favs
.22lr Brno
.22 gamo cfx air rifle
.22 Brno K hornet
.303/22 sprinter
.243 tikka
6.6x55 Swede
.270 tikka
.300 win mag sako
12g beretta
John
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 10 Apr 2020, 3:52 pm

You are supposed to have an approved B709 in hand before the item arrives at BF.

BF should be able to tell you whether you need a dealer to collect it for you. My dealer had a five-hour round trip to collect my rifles.

It's not at all difficult. Firearms made a mistake with my B709, listing the calibers as 6.5x55mm instead of 6.5x58mm. They had to send me a new corrected B709, they couldn't just amend the original.

Do not lose the original, you will need it to collect the item from BF.

John wrote:Thanks for your help will fill out the paperwork and go see my local gun shop see if his able to take the package on my behalf get him to fill out his bit on the paperwork.
Should I do the paperwork before I order it or is that done when it gets to the boarder it don’t say a lot on the information given.
It don’t seem all that hard or tho harder than I feel it should be for licensed responsible firearm owner but that’s how it goes I guess
Thanks again to you and the forum for your help and insight being a long time shooter new to the world of forums.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by John » 10 Apr 2020, 4:41 pm

Thanks heaps will get on to see how I go
My favs
.22lr Brno
.22 gamo cfx air rifle
.22 Brno K hornet
.303/22 sprinter