CZ 515 American lever thumb release

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Re: CZ 515 American lever thumb release

Post by noneyabussiness » 11 Feb 2022, 8:48 am

All I know is the local gun shop here told me the next shipment out of 600 tactical ones due in September, 550 are already on pre-order... so unless they blowing smoke up my proverbial I doubt they not going to manufacture them...
noneyabussiness
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by MontyShooter » 11 Feb 2022, 9:45 am

The next shipment of 515 is the last one.
MontyShooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by noneyabussiness » 11 Feb 2022, 10:33 am

if that is the case, thats sad... its a beautiful rifle...
noneyabussiness
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Mattraff » 19 Feb 2022, 3:52 pm

There is always huge back orders mentioned but lots of shops have them on the shelf. I bought mine in the first batch without pre ordering and just bought one off the shelf.
Mattraff
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Bitchomad » 19 Feb 2022, 5:17 pm

CZ515 ....
My 515 is horrendously inaccurate. Can't break 1.7 inches at 50. Absolute disappointment. Any suggestions on why and how to rectify???
Bitchomad
Recruit
Recruit

-

Post by Rutabaga » 20 Feb 2022, 8:52 am

MontyShooter wrote:It now appears the CZ 515 has been discontinued along with the savage A22/17 about a year ago. I wonder if this is due to sales, supply issues for our small market or other forces at play for this style of action.
I have the CZ is 22mag and it's my favourite gun. Very close to the good old days for plinking anyway.

Have they announced a replacement for the 512? Possibly they could continue to make a lever release rifle on the 512 successor. I find it hard to believe that CZ would just stop making semi-auto 22s.

It's a shame, a 515 is on my bucket list, and almost bought one a few months ago, I just wasn't able to justify yet another 22 at that time.
Rutabaga
Recruit
Recruit

-

Post by MattKaye » 06 Nov 2022, 6:06 pm

The 512 tactical is still in production. In 2019 they discontinued and re released it the following year with slight changes to the rifle. The forend is now m-lok and the new model of the 515s is the same. It also looks like they removed the issues with some of the old tactical frames having some give/movement in them when Twisted.
MattKaye
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by MattKaye » 08 Nov 2022, 4:32 pm

You can confirm this by going to CZs website and downloading their brochure.
MattKaye
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Previous

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles