CZ 515 American lever thumb release

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Re: CZ 515 American lever thumb release

Post by InisBineest » 26 May 2020, 6:24 pm

Sergeant Hartman wrote:Ahhh now i want one of these... anyone found any reviews.... its strange the yanks haven't got anything about it.

Or maybe its cuz this is the poor cousins wanabe semi auto

Reviews on the CZ 512 are plentiful, and that is the closest thing you will get to these as they appear to be based of them.
InisBineest
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bcr83 » 27 May 2020, 7:21 am

InisBineest wrote:
Sergeant Hartman wrote:Ahhh now i want one of these... anyone found any reviews.... its strange the yanks haven't got anything about it.

Or maybe its cuz this is the poor cousins wanabe semi auto

Reviews on the CZ 512 are plentiful, and that is the closest thing you will get to these as they appear to be based of them.

Yep exactly. I ordered one about 2 hours after it was advertised :D now I've been researching 512 reviews as well as accessories.... Just bought a 15rd mag for it but comes with a 10rd
bcr83
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by InisBineest » 08 Sep 2020, 9:18 pm

Mine is (read FINALLY) at the shop and on its way to my local LGS! I'll do a bit of an initial review once I get my hands on it!
InisBineest
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Mattraff » 17 Sep 2020, 9:53 pm

I spontaneously bought a tactical version in 22lr on Wednesday all going well might be able to pick it up on my way home from work tomorrow. Question is how many 22's is too many 22's, I will have 6 now.
Mattraff
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 17 Sep 2020, 10:19 pm

I love the concept of these thumb release rifles but unfortunately I'm yet to see one I like the look of :(

Hurry up Winchester and make one that looks like the 10/22
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by dpskipper » 13 Nov 2020, 11:13 pm

Anyone know how to make the tactical version NSW compliant? Can the stock be swapped out?
Wedgetail WT15
Riverman OAF
Desert Tech SRS
Adler 7 shot
dpskipper
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Mattraff » 15 Nov 2020, 9:37 am

dpskipper wrote:Anyone know how to make the tactical version NSW compliant? Can the stock be swapped out?

I was under the impression that the stock is just pinned for NSW.
Mattraff
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by dpskipper » 17 Nov 2020, 12:00 am

Mattraff wrote:I was under the impression that the stock is just pinned for NSW.

I wonder if this can be done DIY. I'd like to take mine into NSW.
Wedgetail WT15
Riverman OAF
Desert Tech SRS
Adler 7 shot
dpskipper
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by womble » 18 Nov 2020, 3:54 am

I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by MontyShooter » 11 Feb 2022, 7:25 am

It now appears the CZ 515 has been discontinued along with the savage A22/17 about a year ago. I wonder if this is due to sales, supply issues for our small market or other forces at play for this style of action.
I have the CZ is 22mag and it's my favourite gun. Very close to the good old days for plinking anyway.
MontyShooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by noneyabussiness » 11 Feb 2022, 8:21 am

MontyShooter wrote:It now appears the CZ 515 has been discontinued along with the savage A22/17 about a year ago. I wonder if this is due to sales, supply issues for our small market or other forces at play for this style of action.
I have the CZ is 22mag and it's my favourite gun. Very close to the good old days for plinking anyway.

um... I got my new American cz515 about 2 weeks ago ( absolutely love it by the way) , the tactical version has literally sold out its next order as I was told by gun shop ( central Queensland) , where did you read / see that ??
noneyabussiness
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by dpskipper » 11 Feb 2022, 8:27 am

noneyabussiness wrote:where did you read / see that ??

the 512 has been discontinued so its only a matter of time before the 515. I suspect the 515 was born out of spare parts and leftover tooling from the 512. once thats run out why would they keep the production line open for the minuscule australian market?
Wedgetail WT15
Riverman OAF
Desert Tech SRS
Adler 7 shot
dpskipper
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by noneyabussiness » 11 Feb 2022, 8:48 am

All I know is the local gun shop here told me the next shipment out of 600 tactical ones due in September, 550 are already on pre-order... so unless they blowing smoke up my proverbial I doubt they not going to manufacture them...
noneyabussiness
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by MontyShooter » 11 Feb 2022, 9:45 am

The next shipment of 515 is the last one.
MontyShooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by noneyabussiness » 11 Feb 2022, 10:33 am

if that is the case, thats sad... its a beautiful rifle...
noneyabussiness
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Mattraff » 19 Feb 2022, 3:52 pm

There is always huge back orders mentioned but lots of shops have them on the shelf. I bought mine in the first batch without pre ordering and just bought one off the shelf.
Mattraff
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Bitchomad » 19 Feb 2022, 5:17 pm

CZ515 ....
My 515 is horrendously inaccurate. Can't break 1.7 inches at 50. Absolute disappointment. Any suggestions on why and how to rectify???
Bitchomad
Recruit
Recruit

-

Post by Rutabaga » 20 Feb 2022, 8:52 am

MontyShooter wrote:It now appears the CZ 515 has been discontinued along with the savage A22/17 about a year ago. I wonder if this is due to sales, supply issues for our small market or other forces at play for this style of action.

Have they announced a replacement for the 512? Possibly they could continue to make a lever release rifle on the 512 successor. I find it hard to believe that CZ would just stop making semi-auto 22s.

It's a shame, a 515 is on my bucket list, and almost bought one a few months ago, I just wasn't able to justify yet another 22 at that time.
Rutabaga
Recruit
Recruit

-

Post by MattKaye » 06 Nov 2022, 6:06 pm

The 512 tactical is still in production. In 2019 they discontinued and re released it the following year with slight changes to the rifle. The forend is now m-lok and the new model of the 515s is the same. It also looks like they removed the issues with some of the old tactical frames having some give/movement in them when Twisted.
MattKaye
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by MattKaye » 08 Nov 2022, 4:32 pm

You can confirm this by going to CZs website and downloading their brochure.
MattKaye
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Next

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles