22LR

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

22LR

Post by duncan61 » 06 May 2020, 6:18 pm

Unreal.I went to buy some winchester z or something similar and you can not purchase ammo because of covid.Say whaaaa :crazy:
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Re: 22LR

Post by Oldbloke » 06 May 2020, 6:41 pm

Where have u been? Mars?
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by rc42 » 06 May 2020, 7:34 pm

Yep, WA, ammo sales suspended weeks ago for reasons of 'public safety' but no explanation of that has been made.
In VIC it's to reduce domestic violence and in QLD it's for no reason in particular but the CHO says it has to be done to reduce the spread of Covid.
Non Labor states have done nothing and it doesn't seem to have been a problem.

They may be resumed again or they may just stay suspended for as long as the Labor governments can get away with it, perhaps in the hope of forcing dealers out of business and pushing their anti-gun agenda.

You didn't vote Labor or Greens at the last election did you?
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Ziege » 06 May 2020, 7:51 pm

WA ban ends tomorrow, the communist party, I mean Labor party copped a non stop flogging from the shooters and fishers party members as well as a few others and the gun stores allied.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 06 May 2020, 9:13 pm

That’s lucky - I’ll get the subs out of the coffee can I was going to post over lol. Crazy times...
Ps - I purchased some bottles of 2209 in early March at a cost of $58 a bottle. Yesterday I bought 2 bottles and the price was...swallow and gulp - $75 a bottle.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Ziege » 06 May 2020, 9:34 pm

Yeah f***ing ridiculous, literally cheaper to buy factory now than reload the 223, and borderline for a couple others.

So guess I will end up with a heap of spare brass, might have to learn to swage my own projies to make it worth the $ to reload, cos now with the increased cost I will have one rifle more expensive to reload than buy new, one around on par, and only one left where it's still cheaper to reload
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 06 May 2020, 11:02 pm

$58 here now. Went up $3
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by multiphase » 06 May 2020, 11:19 pm

On a bit of tangent, bought my first rifle today, a 22lr Ruger Precision Rimfire. Managed to get some ammo which seemed cheap to me being ‘target’ ammo at <20c/round. Yet to see how it shoots though.

Despite my lurking around for a bit on the forums here and on YouTube I still was a bit unsure of myself with everything and after my visit to Horsley Park Gun Shop I’ve gotta say I had the best customer experience I’ve ever had in my life (I’ve worked as a store manager for a successful big box store for 10+ years). Guy serving me was Angelo and despite the fact I’ve already got another couple permits due for approval in a few weeks I already know where and who I’m buying all of my future gear from. Like it literally blows my mind that he took the time to give such honest and helpful information so that I could make the right choice when it came to my purchase. Full run down on features and general functions on the rifle, helped with optic selection, rings and bore sighting. I don’t know if it’s just having been in Sydney too long after growing up in QLD but I haven’t seen such awesome customer service in a long time and just wanted to give a big shout out to Angelo at HPGS. Highly recommend!!
multiphase
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Ziege » 06 May 2020, 11:21 pm

Nice one champ, welcome to the best hobby ever
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles