Savage or Brno .22lr

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Savage or Brno .22lr

Post by WookyMysta » 24 Jun 2020, 9:12 pm

G'day to all,

Looking at buying a .22lr.

Narrowed it down to..

SAVAGE MKII PACKAGE 22LR
or

CZ Brno Carbon thingy.

About the same price. Looking for accuracy,and smoothness of the action more than eye candy.

Pros and cons for each is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

THE Wooky
WookyMysta
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Savage or Brno .22lr

Post by Ricochet » 24 Jun 2020, 10:09 pm

I have a Savage B22, love it no quality issues and it's a tac driver. Savage are great value for the price and perform as good as some of the more expensive firearms.
Ricochet
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by SCJ429 » 25 Jun 2020, 7:44 am

CZ make some pretty accurate rimfire and I would think they would have an edge over Savage there. The actions are not the smoothest but you can tinker to make it a little better. Would you consider a Tikka T1X which is smooth and shoot great for a budget rimfire?
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by southwest shooter » 25 Jun 2020, 9:56 am

Used cz 452 is a good buy for the right price .
southwest shooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by rc42 » 25 Jun 2020, 2:40 pm

+1 for the Savage, I have the B22 FVSS, the accutrigger is really well done for a budget rifle and it's accurate enough for 50m benchrest shooting, there are better rifles for that sport but it will be a long time before the rifle is a limiting factor rather then the shooter.

Haven't tried the CZ but have heard great things about them, being common models you should be able to find a dealer that has both in stock so you can have a look at them in person.

Both good choices though, there's no right/wrong here just your preference
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles