Eley Edge

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Eley Edge

Post by Jeff » 12 Jul 2020, 4:53 pm

Hi all
Has anybody used or are using Eley Edge, what's your thoughts
Jeff
Private
Private

New South Wales

Re: Eley Edge

Post by bladeracer » 12 Jul 2020, 5:09 pm

It shoots very well in my Rugers, on par with CCI Standard Velocity, but more expensive. Discontinued now I believe.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Jeff » 12 Jul 2020, 6:09 pm

Thanks
Jeff
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by SCJ429 » 12 Jul 2020, 6:36 pm

I have not used it. It is a lower cost competition ammo, sometimes used in 3P competition.

What are you going to use it for? Do you already have some or want to buy some?
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Jeff » 12 Jul 2020, 6:45 pm

I have Brick given to me, I think it has been discontinued, can not find any results for it
Jeff
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 12 Jul 2020, 7:23 pm

Jeff wrote:I have Brick given to me, I think it has been discontinued, can not find any results for it

I have about one-brick left but haven't seen much around.
Rebel Gun Works still have more than a case left though.
https://www.rebelgunworks.com.au/products/eley-edge-22lr-40gr-flat-nose

It's very good stuff in my Rugers, but too expensive when CCI SV equals it in accuracy.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by gunnnie » 12 Jul 2020, 8:22 pm

Have a brick that I started using today in my Anschutz 64 single shot. It shot more consistently than CCI Std and Eley Std. I've found the new CCI Std had gone to s**t compared to the older stuff. CCI say it was only a packaging update but a lot of ISSF shooters in the local club are spewing as it seems there had been more than just a packaging change!
I've bought the last two bricks of Edge from the guy at the club, and will just use it for local rimfire benchrest comps.
Nd to chase up some other stuff to trial as well.
gunnnie
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 13 Jul 2020, 7:03 pm

gunnnie wrote:Have a brick that I started using today in my Anschutz 64 single shot. It shot more consistently than CCI Std and Eley Std. I've found the new CCI Std had gone to s**t compared to the older stuff. CCI say it was only a packaging update but a lot of ISSF shooters in the local club are spewing as it seems there had been more than just a packaging change!
I've bought the last two bricks of Edge from the guy at the club, and will just use it for local rimfire benchrest comps.

Interesting, I'm not into my last case of CCI SV just yet, but getting close enough to be ordering another case very soon (I like to keep an unopened case on hand). I'll have to do some comparison testing.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Cooper » 13 Jul 2020, 8:01 pm

I like the the box. Much better than the usual Eley box. Other than that it shot well. But a bit expensive for me. I think it was $17 per 50 when I tried a box
Cooper
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by gunnnie » 14 Jul 2020, 5:15 am

bladeracer wrote:
gunnnie wrote:Have a brick that I started using today in my Anschutz 64 single shot. It shot more consistently than CCI Std and Eley Std. I've found the new CCI Std had gone to s**t compared to the older stuff. CCI say it was only a packaging update but a lot of ISSF shooters in the local club are spewing as it seems there had been more than just a packaging change!

Interesting, I'm not into my last case of CCI SV just yet, but getting close enough to be ordering another case very soon (I like to keep an unopened case on hand). I'll have to do some comparison testing.

Good luck with it, you may not be happy with the results of the new stuff!
gunnnie
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by gunnnie » 14 Jul 2020, 5:18 am

Cooper wrote:I like the the box. Much better than the usual Eley box. Other than that it shot well. But a bit expensive for me. I think it was $17 per 50 when I tried a box

Yeah, $22 a box is a bit stiff for discontinued ammo that is pointless to trial in your rifle. Ok if you have been using it and running low, but that's gonna sting.
I paid $100/500 as the club prez sourced this through a different supplier and paid a more realistic wholesale price.
gunnnie
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 14 Jul 2020, 9:09 am

gunnnie wrote:
Cooper wrote:I like the the box. Much better than the usual Eley box. Other than that it shot well. But a bit expensive for me. I think it was $17 per 50 when I tried a box

Yeah, $22 a box is a bit stiff for discontinued ammo that is pointless to trial in your rifle. Ok if you have been using it and running low, but that's gonna sting.
I paid $100/500 as the club prez sourced this through a different supplier and paid a more realistic wholesale price.

Wow! I was paying $200 a brick two years ago. Great price.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by rossfrb » 16 Jul 2020, 1:59 pm

No affiliation and no idea if still current but I've just come across this - Eley Edge clearance - $13.95 a box!
I was excited till I realised this mob is in Brisbane. Pity my annie really likes the stuff.
https://www.3gt.com.au/product/eley-edg ... clearance/

One time I wished I was a banana bender;)
rossfrb
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 16 Jul 2020, 2:13 pm

rossfrb wrote:No affiliation and no idea if still current but I've just come across this - Eley Edge clearance - $13.95 a box!
I was excited till I realised this mob is in Brisbane. Pity my annie really likes the stuff.
https://www.3gt.com.au/product/eley-edg ... clearance/

One time I wished I was a banana bender;)

At that price I would ask them for a shipping quote on a case, Rebels only charge $60 freight on ammo. That only pushes the price from $14 a box up to $14.55 a box.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by gunnnie » 18 Jul 2020, 8:48 am

Not bad, might have to grab a brick or two. Grabbing the last two bricks off the club prez tomorrow. Should last me a little while and give me tyke to source something else as a long term replacement.
gunnnie
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by rc42 » 18 Jul 2020, 9:53 am

Funny that the 3gt clearance page shows previous price as $23.95 but their main ammunition section still has it listed at $19.95.

$13.95 is a good price though, and they are a useful benchmark for low prices on ammunition.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles