New shooter - entry level rifle question

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Re: New shooter - entry level rifle question

Post by Member-Deleted » 14 Jan 2021, 4:32 pm

in2anity wrote:
BangWhizzClack wrote:They are designed slightly differently so yes, they don't click into place, or if you can get one to, it doesn't feed. It was a specific series of them that has this issue. I think it was intentional they initially.

The rifle was always designed and manufactured to use CZ mags. During the problematic time of 2015-2016 90% of Issues stemmed from the magazine(s) themselves, be it factory or CZ. CZ magazines may need to be altered to fit (mine did) as the tolerances are different. This was achieved by sanding the underside of the catch-lug on the magazine itself, using side-to-side motion with a jeweler's file.

image.jpeg

I've bought a few new CZ and aftermarket magazines, and they all do the same thing. There is a visible difference between the Lithgow mag and the CZ mags.
They are a bit far away for me to get and take photos of.
Member-Deleted

Post by johnboy357 » 14 Jan 2021, 6:46 pm

Hi Greybro
With the lever guns you will find that many will eject out the right hand side - almost in your face for a leftie - the older Winchester 94's and any of the Winchester model 92 clones (Rossie etc) will eject out the top.Google a few photos of lever guns.
johnboy357
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by greybro » 16 Jan 2021, 9:13 am

johnboy357 wrote:Hi Greybro
With the lever guns you will find that many will eject out the right hand side - almost in your face for a leftie - the older Winchester 94's and any of the Winchester model 92 clones (Rossie etc) will eject out the top.Google a few photos of lever guns.

cheers Johnboy357. I'm not going to race to a lever - bit of time to do research. Need to let the bank balance recover first. But definitely will be looking for something that wont take out an eye.
greybro
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by greybro » 16 Jan 2021, 9:17 am

BangWhizzClack wrote:
greybro wrote:Thanks @No1Mk3, @cz515, @johnboy357 @BangWhizzClack. I did consider second hand, but left handed is hard to find. And you're right... maybe I was keen on a new shiny toy just for me. Can you blame a fella?

If I enjoy the new hobby (and I suspect I will), I have though about maybe two other rifles - a lever action, and a centre fire for long distance. I'll definitely be looking second hand for those, especially the lever. I've seen a few with red dot sights that I like the look of, and left handed is not really an issue, depending on where they eject from. Appreciate all the thoughts!

Haha you're going the same route as I did. Check under this comment to see what I have :lol:

I did mate and laughed when I saw it too.... that's pretty much what I'm hoping to get all up.
greybro
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 16 Jan 2021, 7:11 pm

greybro wrote:
BangWhizzClack wrote:
greybro wrote:Thanks @No1Mk3, @cz515, @johnboy357 @BangWhizzClack. I did consider second hand, but left handed is hard to find. And you're right... maybe I was keen on a new shiny toy just for me. Can you blame a fella?

If I enjoy the new hobby (and I suspect I will), I have though about maybe two other rifles - a lever action, and a centre fire for long distance. I'll definitely be looking second hand for those, especially the lever. I've seen a few with red dot sights that I like the look of, and left handed is not really an issue, depending on where they eject from. Appreciate all the thoughts!

Haha you're going the same route as I did. Check under this comment to see what I have :lol:

I did mate and laughed when I saw it too.... that's pretty much what I'm hoping to get all up.

I still have several I'd like to get, mainly for sport shooting though; cowboy action, IPSC, and maybe some others. But I considered these three as a basic set of three.
Member-Deleted

Previous

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles