CZ Barrels

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

CZ Barrels

Post by Kaos » 06 Feb 2021, 8:34 am

Hi all, I’m wondering if anyone has a CZ457 and actively changes the barrels for different calibers? Perhaps .22 to .22 mag etc. Is it practical and does accuracy suffer in any meaningful way?
Cheers
Kaos
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: CZ Barrels

Post by Cooper » 07 Feb 2021, 4:45 pm

I’ve swapped barrels around a bit. 17hmr to .22 LR mainly. That was with my cz455. I still have my cz 455 but leave it set up as 17hmr.
I have cz457 now as well which stay 22lr. The 22 mag barrel I have stays in the box.

You can swap barrels and count scope clicks and be pretty close. But I usually find you need 5 or 6 click either side to get it sighted in perfectly. I’d prefer sight in after barrel change but it can be pretty close.
Cooper
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Lsfan » 07 Feb 2021, 4:50 pm

Cooper wrote:I’ve swapped barrels around a bit. 17hmr to .22 LR mainly. That was with my cz455. I still have my cz 455 but leave it set up as 17hmr.
I have cz457 now as well which stay 22lr. The 22 mag barrel I have stays in the box.

You can swap barrels and count scope clicks and be pretty close. But I usually find you need 5 or 6 click either side to get it sighted in perfectly. I’d prefer sight in after barrel change but it can be pretty close.

I have a cz455 only with the 22lr. Interested in selling the wmr barrel?
Lsfan
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Joshua.s » 07 Feb 2021, 5:53 pm

There is a sako quad scope that can be sighted in to the 4 calibers that the quad was available in way back when they started selling these switch barrel rifles . But from my Knowledge and looking for one myself . They are as rare as rocking horse s#*t unfortunately
Joshua.s
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Joshua.s » 07 Feb 2021, 5:56 pm

images (8).jpeg
images (8).jpeg (14.95 KiB) Viewed 3274 times
Attachments
images (7).jpeg
images (7).jpeg (6.51 KiB) Viewed 3274 times
Joshua.s
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by in2anity » 07 Feb 2021, 8:43 pm

Why can’t people expend 2 rounds to zero? You do realize, we are talking less than a dollar’s worth of munis here peoples... just sayin
At what point does lack of maintenance become patina?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Tiger650 » 07 Feb 2021, 9:12 pm

Joshua.s wrote:There is a sako quad scope that can be sighted in to the 4 calibers that the quad was available in way back when they started selling these switch barrel rifles . But from my Knowledge and looking for one myself . They are as rare as rocking horse s#*t unfortunately

Probably very good reasons for that. :D
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Cooper » 08 Feb 2021, 6:28 pm

Lsfan wrote:
Cooper wrote:I’ve swapped barrels around a bit. 17hmr to .22 LR mainly. That was with my cz455. I still have my cz 455 but leave it set up as 17hmr.

It stays in the box because I’m not really happy with the accuracy. I didn’t try every ammo type. Probably has less than 150 rounds down the barrel. But as I am more than a bit iffy about it’s accuracy potential I’d rather not part with it.
Cooper
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by SCJ429 » 08 Feb 2021, 7:10 pm

in2anity wrote:Why can’t people expend 2 rounds to zero? You do realize, we are talking less than a dollar’s worth of munis here peoples... just sayin

So true.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Lsfan » 09 Feb 2021, 5:29 am

Cooper wrote:
Lsfan wrote:

It stays in the box because I’m not really happy with the accuracy. I didn’t try every ammo type. Probably has less than 150 rounds down the barrel. But as I am more than a bit iffy about it’s accuracy potential I’d rather not part with it.

No worries. I’m a bit undecided about the barrel swap idea, because I’d probably do the same thing and leave it in the box. it’s tempting though and I guess eventually they’ll be hard to come by.
Lsfan
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles