Lithgow / Slazenger research.

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Lithgow / Slazenger research.

Post by kenny2021 » 07 Oct 2021, 11:48 am

Hi all.. I am recording serial numbers of the No.1 Slazenger single shot rifles.. I am only interested in those that originally had their number placed under the wood.
I would assume that under current legislation, the serial number would have to be re-stamped above the timber line.
Also doing Sportco rifles
Thanks.. Ken.
kenny2021
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Lithgow / Slazenger research.

Post by bladeracer » 12 Oct 2021, 12:17 pm

kenny2021 wrote:Hi all.. I am recording serial numbers of the No.1 Slazenger single shot rifles.. I am only interested in those that originally had their number placed under the wood.
I would assume that under current legislation, the serial number would have to be re-stamped above the timber line.
Also doing Sportco rifles
Thanks.. Ken.

My 1B is 193844 but is visible.
Were some stamped under the wood then later restamped where it was visible?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by flashman » 13 Oct 2021, 7:21 am

Yes my 1B is the same as Bladeracer serial number same above the wood ...........
flashman
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by kenny2021 » 13 Oct 2021, 9:31 am

bladeracer wrote:Were some stamped under the wood then later restamped where it was visible?

I would have to assume the serial would have to be visable. still waiting to see one as yet..
kenny2021
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 13 Oct 2021, 1:42 pm

kenny2021 wrote:
bladeracer wrote:Were some stamped under the wood then later restamped where it was visible?

I would have to assume the serial would have to be visable. still waiting to see one as yet..

I don't know about that, does the law require it on firearms made before that time ('68 I think)? Many, many civilian firearms weren't serialised at all back then.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles