Adding spacer to Lithgow laminate stock

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Adding spacer to Lithgow laminate stock

Post by Pitdog85 » 02 Dec 2021, 6:48 pm

I’m trying to add the spacer to the stock on my laminate la101. It don’t seem right the manual doesn’t give any instructions on which way the is supposed to be installed. Can anyone share some photos on how there’s looks with the spacer added? I can’t upload a photo of it as the photo is too big but it’s the plastic thing the come with the rifle which is the same shape as the butt pad
Attachments
F5C2B01A-CA44-403B-AD83-4F71C027EBDB.jpeg
F5C2B01A-CA44-403B-AD83-4F71C027EBDB.jpeg (131.75 KiB) Viewed 1956 times
Last edited by Pitdog85 on 03 Dec 2021, 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pitdog85
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Adding spacer to Lithgow laminate stock

Post by Oldbloke » 03 Dec 2021, 8:50 am

Hi pitdog,

If the pic is too big you can reduce its size by texting it to yourself.
Then just download to the mobile, obviously you can then up load it here.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Pitdog85 » 03 Dec 2021, 9:43 am

Thanks mate managed to get photo added with your help, im not tech savvy at all. Can anyone help, this is what i think is the spacer that came with my laminate la101 its made of hard plastic I have tried to put the rubber kick pad that is on the rifle on top of this and screw it in but the screws dont reach the stock and it dont look right??
Pitdog85
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 03 Dec 2021, 9:44 am

Pitdog85 wrote:I’m trying to add the spacer to the stock on my laminate la101. It don’t seem right the manual doesn’t give any instructions on which way the is supposed to be installed. Can anyone share some photos on how there’s looks with the spacer added? I can’t upload a photo of it as the photo is too big but it’s the plastic thing the come with the rifle which is the same shape as the butt pad

I don't have an LA101, but that looks like it simply fits over the wood on the left side, and the buttplate fits over the right side.
Have you actually removed the buttplate from the rifle already?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Pitdog85 » 03 Dec 2021, 10:56 am

Yeh mate I have the butt pad off already but I’m a simple man and I can’t work it out
Pitdog85
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 03 Dec 2021, 11:10 am

Pitdog85 wrote:Yeh mate I have the butt pad off already but I’m a simple man and I can’t work it out

Does the left side (in the photo) of the spacer have a rebate that fits over the end of the wooden butt stock?

I downloaded the manual and it seems to say only the polymer stock is length adjustable?
Did the spacer come with your laminate rifle?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Pitdog85 » 03 Dec 2021, 12:15 pm

bladeracer wrote:
Pitdog85 wrote:Yeh mate I have the butt pad off already but I’m a simple man and I can’t work it out

Does the left side (in the photo) of the spacer have a rebate that fits over the end of the wooden butt stock?

I downloaded the manual and it seems to say only the polymer stock is length adjustable?
Did the spacer come with your laminate rifle?

Damn mate thanks to going to the effort of reading the manual for a rifle you don't have, im not at home but will have more of a look tonight when I get home if I can fit this plastic thing on the wooden part of the stock somehow like you describe.

Yeh it came with the laminate stock. I read that in the manual too about the polymer stock but thought it must be a typo or error or something otherwise why the heck do they send this plastic thing with the rifle.
Pitdog85
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by wannabustbunnies » 18 Jan 2022, 9:06 pm

You have probably figured it out by now but as mentioned the length of pull spacers only fit the polymer stocks. The spacer must have been accidentally packed
wannabustbunnies
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles