Ruger .22

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Ruger .22

Post by Ruin » 11 Dec 2021, 7:36 am

Hi,
I just wanted to share that I recently bought a Ruger .22 and couldn’t be happier with it. I paired it with a Tasco 3-9x50mm scope and was shooting 1.5in groups out of the box with CCI mini mags. I’ve only shot it at the range but am looking forward to field testing on a few bunnies.
Ruin
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Ruger .22

Post by flashman » 11 Dec 2021, 8:18 am

Good for you Ruin i to have a Ruger ,22 and one in 22mag as well both give very good accuracy at the range and in the field .....have fun :thumbsup:
flashman
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Shootermick » 11 Dec 2021, 11:01 am

What model did you buy?
I’ve got one in a compact .22, stainless .22mag and a compact 243. I rate them all highly.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Ruin » 11 Dec 2021, 2:45 pm

It’s the Ruger American .22lr.
I just tried some cheap Winchester round in it and it sprayed them everywhere. I guess I’m going to have to cough up for the CCI mini mags.
Still loving it but. I’ll be in the market for a .243 in a couple of months and will definitely keep Ruger in mind.
Ruin
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Shootermick » 11 Dec 2021, 3:00 pm

Ruin wrote:It’s the Ruger American .22lr.
I just tried some cheap Winchester round in it and it sprayed them everywhere. I guess I’m going to have to cough up for the CCI mini mags.
Still loving it but. I’ll be in the market for a .243 in a couple of months and will definitely keep Ruger in mind.

I use the mini mags, they go well.
My 243 is the compact with the 18” barrel. I’ve got a Leupold 4-12x40 scope, and with some OSA 87 gr Vmax it’s a good weapon.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 11 Dec 2021, 3:13 pm

Ruger Americans are great rifles. Cheap, reliable, good enough accuracy for hunting and plinking and they come in basically every main calibre.

A lot of aftermarket magazines for them too.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 11 Dec 2021, 4:17 pm

Ruin wrote:It’s the Ruger American .22lr.

Yes, but there are a lot of different versions of the RPR :-)
I got the Compact and the first of the Target models, but both are now in MDT chassis.

Probably the only Winchester round that shoots decently in mine is the 42gn Subsonic Max, but it's not great. If you can, find some try CCI Velocitor, CCI Standard Velocity, Federal F510, Eley Subsonic or Eley Match. Something in there should see you getting close to 30mm groups at 100m.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles