lithgow la101 22lr

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Re: lithgow la101 22lr

Post by alucarD » 26 Feb 2022, 11:47 am

allan wrote:Strikey is right.....As long as you are cleaning your Lithgow bore correctly, you won't live long enough to see any damage from copper washed HV ammunition.
I refrain from using any HV ammo in the 22LR barrels I have with true match chambers and prefer all the standard velocity offerings from the likes of Lapua/SK/Eley.
I do draw the line at Stingers though - Don't use them in any barrel.

Perfect. Thanks mate.
I’m not gunna be using it all a lot, just trying different stuff and needed this reassurance. Internet is a spiderweb of stories.
Yes, I have heard from multiple reads not to use HV in match grade barrels. And same with the Hyper Velocity aswell.
Thanks heaps guys!
Aim small miss small..
alucarD
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Don_Stevenson » 18 Mar 2022, 3:22 pm

Just a quick one for the lithgow owners.

Out of the box with standard velocity ammo what sort of accuracy are you getting?

We've now taken our LA101 out to the range twice and today we ran three different types of ammo through it.

Off a bipod and rear bag at 50m

CCI standard was grouping from 12 to 17mm

Winchester T22 was rubbish, maybe not bad ammo but the 101 didn't like it all and we had several hard to feed rounds as well as groups from 17 - 33mm

Eley Sport was 15 - 24mm but toward the end I could feel my concentration going a little.

My wife and I shot similar groups across each ammo type ie winchester sucked for both of us.

There is no doubt some more performance to be gained from practice as this is only our second session (my wifes third time ever shooting) so I'm fairly happy with the performance, especially with the very affordable CCI ammo but I'm curious about how much better we can expect to do with practice.

There is probably a bit of performance to
Don_Stevenson
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by alucarD » 18 Mar 2022, 4:33 pm

Don_Stevenson wrote:Just a quick one for the lithgow owners.

Out of the box with standard velocity ammo what sort of accuracy are you getting?

We've now taken our LA101 out to the range twice and today we ran three different types of ammo through it.

Off a bipod and rear bag at 50m

CCI standard was grouping from 12 to 17mm

Winchester T22 was rubbish, maybe not bad ammo but the 101 didn't like it all and we had several hard to feed rounds as well as groups from 17 - 33mm

Eley Sport was 15 - 24mm but toward the end I could feel my concentration going a little.

My wife and I shot similar groups across each ammo type ie winchester sucked for both of us.

There is no doubt some more performance to be gained from practice as this is only our second session (my wifes third time ever shooting) so I'm fairly happy with the performance, especially with the very affordable CCI ammo but I'm curious about how much better we can expect to do with practice.

There is probably a bit of performance to

So I have tried majority of ammo in all velocities.
Yep winny stuff is crap, Remington is crap also. Ele standard pretty good, Sk match stuff good, Norma tac22 I’ve got half inch groups, fedral ok.
I’ve found the CCI stuff in all velocity isn’t very accurate out of my 101. Best I’ve shot with cci is 1.5 inch groups.
They best stuff for mine is RWS in subsonic. 5 shot group, almost through same hole under 0.2 inches at 50m bench rest with bipod. Was in that zone as well I suppose.
Try SK, RWS would be my recommendation mate!
Aim small miss small..
alucarD
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by christodav » 01 Jul 2022, 9:44 pm

I agree. I have found that the RWS subsonics work the best in my LA101 22LR.

Chris
christodav
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by safeshot » 03 Jul 2022, 8:48 pm

Have tried various ammo but my 101 like the red "SK" or red-devils as we call them on the range. Most consistant.
"Behave well. Think for the best. Speak kindly."
safeshot
Private
Private

Western Australia

Previous

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles