CZ 457 Scout dropped into a KRG Bravo chassis

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

CZ 457 Scout dropped into a KRG Bravo chassis

Post by jwai86 » 18 Mar 2022, 9:23 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/22lr/comments/ ... _this_krg/

I saw this strange mashup on Reddit a while ago. The chassis costs almost as much as the rifle based on local prices, but they fit none the less.
jwai86
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Re: CZ 457 Scout dropped into a KRG Bravo chassis

Post by JohnV » 23 Jun 2022, 9:56 pm

A good alloy chassis will usually make any gun shoot better . However they are very cold to use in winter and I have put a wooden cheek riser and a wooden carry handle on my chassis to avoid some cold . On a varmint sniper style rifle they are good but I would not have one on a stalking rifle .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by jwai86 » 27 Jun 2022, 1:27 pm

JohnV wrote:A good alloy chassis will usually make any gun shoot better . However they are very cold to use in winter and I have put a wooden cheek riser and a wooden carry handle on my chassis to avoid some cold . On a varmint sniper style rifle they are good but I would not have one on a stalking rifle .

From what I've read about the KRG Bravo chassis, it has a polymer stock over an aluminium frame.
jwai86
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by JohnV » 29 Jun 2022, 9:32 am

jwai86 wrote:
JohnV wrote:A good alloy chassis will usually make any gun shoot better . However they are very cold to use in winter and I have put a wooden cheek riser and a wooden carry handle on my chassis to avoid some cold . On a varmint sniper style rifle they are good but I would not have one on a stalking rifle .

From what I've read about the KRG Bravo chassis, it has a polymer stock over an aluminium frame.

It looks that way to me also and it does help a bit but they are still cold compared to wood . It's not such an issue on a varmint style gun where you don't carry it about much but on a pure stalking rifle in winter they do get chilly . There is no denying that the alloy stock will hold zero and not warp like a wood stock can .
The polymer covering might be effective enough to make the difference . KRG makes some good stuff .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by jwai86 » 29 Jun 2022, 11:08 am

Given that the CZ 457 action uses interchangeable barrels, there's no reason why that particular setup couldn't be used for both varminting and stalking by changing the barrel to suit.
jwai86
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by JohnV » 30 Jun 2022, 9:03 am

That is true but it's still the same stock .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by jwai86 » 03 Jul 2022, 12:09 pm

JohnV wrote:That is true but it's still the same stock .

Eh, that's not something I'll argue over. My guess is that the owner bought the chassis stock to replace the beech stock the Scout comes with that has a 12" length of pull. It's an expensive replacement, but it's not my money either.
jwai86
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles