Bergara B14R trigger adjustment

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Bergara B14R trigger adjustment

Post by pauliepaulie123 » 17 May 2022, 3:55 pm

I just picked up my new Bergara B14R .22, and the manual says the action needs to be removed from the stock to adjust the trigger. I can access the adjustment screw without taking it out of the stock. Is there another possible reason it would need to be removed from the stock? Also, when I adjust the screw out to lighten it, does anyone know if it comes to a stop when it gets to its lightest point or will it keep screwing out of the trigger entirely? I really appreciate any help you can provide.
pauliepaulie123
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Re: Bergara B14R trigger adjustment

Post by scoot » 17 May 2022, 8:01 pm

From memory the screw will wind all the way out.....But... you'll find it gets to a point where the pull weight won't drop despite "loosening" the screw more. I'd have to check but I think I got around 2.5lbs when I did mine. No benchrest trigger but does make it nicer. If you're only plinkng or hunting it's plenty.
scoot
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by allan » 17 May 2022, 9:02 pm

The trigger can be used with the screw removed if necessary. If you're mechanically minded, the B14R trigger can be tapped and fitted with a sear adjustment screw which will halve the pull weight if adjusted correctly. Plenty of info on how to do this mod on Rim Fire Central.
If your B14R shoots as well as those we are running in my area, any of the Remington 700 after market options are basically a drop in conversion. I've fitted Jewell HVR's to two B14R's and they work a treat.
Hope you enjoy the new rifle.
I've owned a couple of decent 22's over the years...Right now the B14R is one of the best value options out there if the design fits your purpose.
allan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Other

Post by pauliepaulie123 » 18 May 2022, 10:30 am

Thanks Guys, appreciate the response. Bergara just got back to me wot the following. "Thanks for contacting Bergara, Your user manual isn´t updated, you can adjust the trigger pull weight without removing the stock. It is a new trigger design. If you unscrew totally, nothing happens, the gun still will be safe. But, if you measure the pull weight, you will reach to the minimum (1kg) 2 or 3 turns before getting totally loose."
pauliepaulie123
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by scoot » 18 May 2022, 2:15 pm

Turns out my memory is not so bad :crazy: maybe I'm not loosing the plot like everyone says.
scoot
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles