Marlin XT-22RO thoughts

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Marlin XT-22RO thoughts

Post by zzoldtown » 17 Jul 2022, 11:05 pm

Hi guys,

It's time to add a 22LR to the collection and I've got my eye on the Marlin XT-22RO.

Seems like a good little unit, comes with a 3-9x32 scope setup and bore sighted.

Would be my first rifle with an adjustable trigger just for fun.

What do we think of this one?
zzoldtown
Recruit
Recruit

Tasmania

Re: Marlin XT-22RO thoughts

Post by Boundry Rider » 22 Jul 2022, 3:23 pm

Sorry no one has replied to your post, I don't have one but I did try to buy one years ago. I expected that Marlin was good quality so I didn't do any research. The supplier was out of stock and I ended up with a Savage instead and wasn't too happy with that until I did a lot of tweaking.
Good luck with your Marlin anyhow, try plenty of ammo to see which your rifle like and then buy a ton of it.
Escaped WALcatraz
Boundry Rider
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Lsfan » 22 Jul 2022, 7:15 pm

zzoldtown wrote:Hi guys,

It's time to add a 22LR to the collection and I've got my eye on the Marlin XT-22RO.

Seems like a good little unit, comes with a 3-9x32 scope setup and bore sighted.

Would be my first rifle with an adjustable trigger just for fun.

What do we think of this one?

I've got an xt17hmr in a timber stock. Unbeatable value, but there is a negative. I had trouble sighting it in and when done I eventually noticed the scope isn't aligned with the barrel. I think the screw holes in the receiver are out of alignment. I've yet to take another look at it but assume it's the rifle and not the mounts. Reason I say this is because I've heard similar stories with them. Maybe I can solve it by enlarging the hole in the mount.
Otherwise it's finished OK, comes with 2 steel mags and trigger lock and was only just over $400. Can't find anything else for the same price.
Lsfan
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Boundry Rider » 22 Jul 2022, 11:45 pm

Leupold do a turn in front and windage rear ringset for popular rifles.
Escaped WALcatraz
Boundry Rider
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Lsfan » 23 Jul 2022, 9:00 am

Leupold do a turn in front and windage rear ringset for popular rifles.[/quote]
That's interesting. In theory that would solve my problem. The scope is about 460mm long so I suppose the slightest adjustment only is probably all it needs. I may try flipping the rings and loosening screws then pushing a certain way to see if there's any improvement. There may be a little play. Otherwise I could look at adjustable rings. Thanks for the tip.
Lsfan
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles