Bsa

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Bsa

Post by northdude » 18 Sep 2022, 6:24 pm

Went away for the weekend and called into the lgs in the area we were in as I like looking at the s/h rifles. Came away with a bsa sportsman 5 with 2x mags (the mags are like hens teeth over here) for bugger all. I've had quite a few of the bsa sportsman rifles over the years and they are always good shooters. Tossing up weather to sell a mag or buy a rifle with no mag...
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Re: Bsa

Post by No1Mk3 » 18 Sep 2022, 6:33 pm

Best keep it for a spare mate, years ago I found a solo mag for a Toz 17 which are also very hard to find, good thing I kept as I lost mine a few years later.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Re: Bsa

Post by bladeracer » 18 Sep 2022, 8:29 pm

northdude wrote:Went away for the weekend and called into the lgs in the area we were in as I like looking at the s/h rifles. Came away with a bsa sportsman 5 with 2x mags (the mags are like hens teeth over here) for bugger all. I've had quite a few of the bsa sportsman rifles over the years and they are always good shooters. Tossing up weather to sell a mag or buy a rifle with no mag...

I inherited a Sportsman 5, great rifle, one owner from new and hardly used - the owner (Ray Ikin) spent his life collecting Bathurst race cars so never had time for shooting. I found the sights work particularly well for me.
The 6rd mags are weird and take some getting used to. Like a WMR mag with a block in the back of it.
Wish she had dovetails or screws though so I could see just how well she can shoot.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles