Looking for 22LR suggestions

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Looking for 22LR suggestions

Post by Tomaus » 26 Sep 2022, 2:43 pm

We (GF and I) are looking at purchasing our first rifles, our PTA's are in and so we are looking at creating a shortlist.

A few things, we are complete beginners, rifles will be used for target shooting only, we do have a view to get higher powered rifles later on for long range stuff (thinking in the 500-1000Y territory), but also it's the n+1 rule, there will always be more :)

So in this first instance we want to spend time shooting a relatively cheap platform to get used to it all and see where we go from there. We are looking at buying new this time and both getting the same platform to learn from and tweak.

Price range for the rifle is up to around 1200 or so each.

So far in my list I have the following:
Ruger Precision Rimfire (this might be the current favourite due to it being fairly customisable and the price)
Tikka T1X
Lithgow LA101 Crossover
Christensen Arms Ranger 22 (this is getting a little on the high side for price but would consider it if it's THAT much better)

Are any of these bad choices for target/range shooting only or other there some other choices I should consider? Or am I just overthinking it (bad habit of mine) and at this point just grab whatever and have fun with it?

Regarding a scope, ideally we are looking for something that will be fine for 25/50/100 yards but with the option to use at 200yards (just for fun, not competition level), what sort of magnification should I be looking at? I see the 3-9x come up a lot but that seems more for 50/100 I assume I need great magnification than that? For a scope hoping to get away with 500 or less.

Just to add, this will not be used at competition level, if we get addicted enough we can always upgrade down the track.

P.S. If I have said anything stupid feel free to call me out, I am learning :)
Tomaus
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Looking for 22LR suggestions

Post by No1Mk3 » 27 Sep 2022, 4:04 am

Both the Ruger and the Lithgow will fulfill your needs very well but I would also consider the CZ455 MSR Varmint at around $1000.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by TheJuniorShooter06 » 27 Sep 2022, 5:31 am

[quote="Tomaus"]We (GF and I) are looking at purchasing our first rifles, our PTA's are in and so we are looking at creating a shortlist.

A few things, we are complete beginners, rifles will be used for target shooting only, we do have a view to get higher powered rifles later on for long range stuff (thinking in the 500-1000Y territory), but also it's the n+1 rule, there will always be more :)

So in this first instance we want to spend time shooting a relatively cheap platform to get used to it all and see where we go from there. We are looking at buying new this time and both getting the same platform to learn from and tweak.

Price range for the rifle is up to around 1200 or so each.

My dad got me a savage a22r for my first rifle, great shooter mine shoots moa easily with cci mini mag. Also love it as it shoots faster then a bolt action. I also use a $250 vortex crossfire, super clear optic.
TheJuniorShooter06
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 27 Sep 2022, 6:19 am

La101
Outstanding rifle, pricey but worth it, hard to beat.

If you want the best from it, Lapua Center X subsonic ammo is the go
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Tomaus » 27 Sep 2022, 9:17 am

No1Mk3 wrote:Both the Ruger and the Lithgow will fulfill your needs very well but I would also consider the CZ455 MSR Varmint at around $1000.

Thanks, added to the list for research.

TheJuniorShooter06 wrote:My dad got me a savage a22r for my first rifle, great shooter mine shoots moa easily with cci mini mag. Also love it as it shoots faster then a bolt action. I also use a $250 vortex crossfire, super clear optic.

Thanks, We used a savage at the range the other day, not sure why I didn't add them, but have now. I keep seeing the Vortex scopes mentioned as really good value for money.

Lazarus wrote:La101

Thanks, the LA101 is definitely rising up on the list, especially more so since I found out it's made locally.
Tomaus
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Lazarus » 27 Sep 2022, 10:28 am

Tomaus wrote:
No1Mk3 wrote:Both the Ruger and the Lithgow will fulfill your needs very well but I would also consider the CZ455 MSR Varmint at around $1000.

Thanks, added to the list for research.

TheJuniorShooter06 wrote:My dad got me a savage a22r for my first rifle, great shooter mine shoots moa easily with cci mini mag. Also love it as it shoots faster then a bolt action. I also use a $250 vortex crossfire, super clear optic.

Thanks, We used a savage at the range the other day, not sure why I didn't add them, but have now. I keep seeing the Vortex scopes mentioned as really good value for money.

Thanks, the LA101 is definitely rising up on the list, especially more so since I found out it's made locally.

On the scope, Hawke are are to beat at their price, also I recently bought an Althlon Neos 3-9 that I have on my Lithgow now, very happy with it too.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by ob1 » 27 Sep 2022, 10:51 am

Be sure that your scope can focus without parallax error at closer distances if you are going to pursue target shooting. Matches can be 25 metres or less.

From Vortex -

Why won’t my riflescope properly focus?
Shooting at a target too close. Verify your particular riflescope’s parallax focusing capability. For example, a riflescope with fixed 100-yard parallax or 50 to infinity parallax may have some distortion when shooting at 10 or 25 yards, because the target is too close for the rifle’s focusing capability.
ob1
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by No1Mk3 » 27 Sep 2022, 12:39 pm

Yesterday jwai86 posted a link to The Barn listing CZ455 16" threaded barrel in Boyds Pro Varmint stock with Vortex 4-12x44 scopes for $899, but only 3 left. See his post down the list a bit.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by scoot » 27 Sep 2022, 1:23 pm

Bergata b14r. Closer to $2k but customisable with any R700 parts and very accurate. At $1200 you will struggle to get any "new" Lithgow,, cz, tikka anyway..
scoot
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by Tomaus » 27 Sep 2022, 1:58 pm

On the scope, Hawke are are to beat at their price, also I recently bought an Althlon Neos 3-9 that I have on my Lithgow now, very happy with it too.

Thanks again, will make sure I have a look at them.

ob1 wrote:Be sure that your scope can focus without parallax error at closer distances if you are going to pursue target shooting. Matches can be 25 metres or less.

From Vortex -

Why won’t my riflescope properly focus?
Shooting at a target too close. Verify your particular riflescope’s parallax focusing capability. For example, a riflescope with fixed 100-yard parallax or 50 to infinity parallax may have some distortion when shooting at 10 or 25 yards, because the target is too close for the rifle’s focusing capability.

Thank you so much for this, not something I had considered.

No1Mk3 wrote:Yesterday jwai86 posted a link to The Barn listing CZ455 16" threaded barrel in Boyds Pro Varmint stock with Vortex 4-12x44 scopes for $899, but only 3 left. See his post down the list a bit.

Thanks I will have a look at this, but I dare say the PTA approval is over a month away at the least.

scoot wrote:Bergata b14r. Closer to $2k but customisable with any R700 parts and very accurate. At $1200 you will struggle to get any "new" Lithgow,, cz, tikka anyway..

That's a bit more than I can get over the line this time unfortunately (have to work my way up :)). Regarding the Lithgow I have only looked at Cleavers (it's essentially our local) which were listing the LA101 Crossovers for $1175, is there something I am not considering about their listed prices?
Tomaus
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 27 Sep 2022, 2:15 pm

Tomaus wrote:That's a bit more than I can get over the line this time unfortunately (have to work my way up :)). Regarding the Lithgow I have only looked at Cleavers (it's essentially our local) which were listing the LA101 Crossovers for $1175, is there something I am not considering about there listed prices?

Biggest thing is likely to be whether Cleaver actually have them in stock.
Safari list them in stock in Sydney.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Tomaus » 27 Sep 2022, 2:27 pm

bladeracer wrote:
Tomaus wrote:That's a bit more than I can get over the line this time unfortunately (have to work my way up :)). Regarding the Lithgow I have only looked at Cleavers (it's essentially our local) which were listing the LA101 Crossovers for $1175, is there something I am not considering about there listed prices?

Biggest thing is likely to be whether Cleaver actually have them in stock.
Safari list them in stock in Sydney.

Ah got it, PTAs are being sent to Cleaver's and for this first time wouldn't mind going local, not in a rush at least :)
Tomaus
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by jwai86 » 27 Sep 2022, 2:45 pm

No1Mk3 wrote:Yesterday jwai86 posted a link to The Barn listing CZ455 16" threaded barrel in Boyds Pro Varmint stock with Vortex 4-12x44 scopes for $899, but only 3 left. See his post down the list a bit.

I didn't think those rifles I spotted would make for a serious recommendation, but OK :)
jwai86
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by scoot » 27 Sep 2022, 2:56 pm

scoot wrote:Bergata b14r. Closer to $2k but customisable with any R700 parts and very accurate. At $1200 you will struggle to get any "new" Lithgow,, cz, tikka anyway..

That's a bit more than I can get over the line this time unfortunately (have to work my way up :)). Regarding the Lithgow I have only looked at Cleavers (it's essentially our local) which were listing the LA101 Crossovers for $1175, is there something I am not considering about their listed prices?[/quote]
Seems I'm a bit out of touch. Last time I looked (long ago) prices were much higher than now. I guess they have all been on market a while now and lost the new car smell.
Try a few different ones if you can to get a feel for what you like and what is acceptable to you. Personal opinions can vary greatly.
scoot
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by Tomaus » 27 Sep 2022, 3:09 pm

scoot wrote:Seems I'm a bit out of touch. Last time I looked (long ago) prices were much higher than now. I guess they have all been on market a while now and lost the new car smell.
Try a few different ones if you can to get a feel for what you like and what is acceptable to you. Personal opinions can vary greatly.

To be honest they were cheaper than I was expecting, particularly in the current climate, good advice about trying what I can, thanks again.
Tomaus
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Barbarian » 27 Sep 2022, 6:16 pm

Tomaus wrote:So far in my list I have the following:
Ruger Precision Rimfire (this might be the current favourite due to it being fairly customisable and the price)
Tikka T1X
Lithgow LA101 Crossover
Christensen Arms Ranger 22 (this is getting a little on the high side for price but would consider it if it's THAT much better)

I've got a la101 and I've been very happy with it. However there is not much in the works for aftermarket stocks beyond a chassis from Southern Cross Small Arms.

The T1x will give you more stock options and definitely don't give up any ground to the other options.

Christensen Arms Ranger 22 or a Bergara b14r (both r700 footprint) will have you set as far as stock options and aftermarket parts. - its worth noting that if you wish to ever build your .22lr into a rimfire trainer build of one of your larger centerfire rifles, you can achieve the same feel as a short action centrefire with AICS mags with both options, other options will use smaller form factor mags like the t1x or CZ mags in the La101

If I was doing it again I'd look at a b14r, I'm a lefty so as much as I like the Christensen Arms they don't make them in a LH config.

For optics - as others have said, Vortex make good glass for entry level options. The Leupold freedom lline are also quite good if you are on a budget and very clear. I personally wouldn't go above 14-15x magnification on the high end unless you intend to start competing in Rimfire competitions, at that point the extra magnification is very helpfull and I'd consider something like a 5-20 or 5-25.
Barbarian
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by SCJ429 » 27 Sep 2022, 7:11 pm

I would go for the Tikka for accuracy and a great trigger. The Ruger isn't a bad thing for a cheap rifle and shoot pretty well. You either love or hate the look of them.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by jwai86 » 27 Sep 2022, 8:08 pm

If you happen to come across a dealer that has one, you might also want to look at the Bergara BMR. They are relatively new to Australia, but tend to be similarly priced to the CZ 457 and T1x.
jwai86
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Gamerancher » 28 Sep 2022, 12:11 am

If you plan on progressing to competition shooting, look up the rulebooks. There are usually restrictions on what's allowed with regards weight and stock dimensions.
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by northdude » 28 Sep 2022, 5:34 am

My wife bought herself a mk2 savage as her first rifle and put a bushnell scope on it. She uses it mainly for target shooting and possum shooting( we are allowed to shoot them over here) its an accurate super reliable rifle and shes happy with it
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by Tomaus » 28 Sep 2022, 8:09 am

Barbarian wrote:
I've got a la101 and I've been very happy with it. However there is not much in the works for aftermarket stocks beyond a chassis from Southern Cross Small Arms.

The T1x will give you more stock options and definitely don't give up any ground to the other options.

Christensen Arms Ranger 22 or a Bergara b14r (both r700 footprint) will have you set as far as stock options and aftermarket parts. - its worth noting that if you wish to ever build your .22lr into a rimfire trainer build of one of your larger centerfire rifles, you can achieve the same feel as a short action centrefire with AICS mags with both options, other options will use smaller form factor mags like the t1x or CZ mags in the La101

If I was doing it again I'd look at a b14r, I'm a lefty so as much as I like the Christensen Arms they don't make them in a LH config.

For optics - as others have said, Vortex make good glass for entry level options. The Leupold freedom lline are also quite good if you are on a budget and very clear. I personally wouldn't go above 14-15x magnification on the high end unless you intend to start competing in Rimfire competitions, at that point the extra magnification is very helpfull and I'd consider something like a 5-20 or 5-25.

Great info here thank you and hadn't considered the magnification, the b14r definitely out of the price range (even the Christensen is really pushing it).

SCJ429 wrote:I would go for the Tikka for accuracy and a great trigger. The Ruger isn't a bad thing for a cheap rifle and shoot pretty well. You either love or hate the look of them.

Thanks, I definitely need to have a look at them in person and get a feel for them.

jwai86 wrote:If you happen to come across a dealer that has one, you might also want to look at the Bergara BMR. They are relatively new to Australia, but tend to be similarly priced to the CZ 457 and T1x.

Thanks that is definitely in the price range, will add to the (ever growing) list :)

Gamerancher wrote:If you plan on progressing to competition shooting, look up the rulebooks. There are usually restrictions on what's allowed with regards weight and stock dimensions.

Definitely something I hadn't considered thank you, though if we get serious about competition we would probably look at another to add to the collection :)

northdude wrote:My wife bought herself a mk2 savage as her first rifle and put a bushnell scope on it. She uses it mainly for target shooting and possum shooting( we are allowed to shoot them over here) its an accurate super reliable rifle and shes happy with it

Thanks, added. As mentioned earlier we used a Savage last week (not sure of model) and it wasn't bad.
Tomaus
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Biscuits » 29 Sep 2022, 1:17 am

I would say the Ruger Precision Rimfire as it looks nice and is adjustable. You will probably have to mess with the others, for example by fitting a comb riser or spacers to increase length of pull.

But there are negatives to the RPR, the main one being it is a bit heavier than the T1x (I'm comparing with the T1x as I own one). This will make it a bit more difficult to shoot offhand. And the chassis fore end isn't quite as comfortable to hold onto if shooting offhand. Overall for me the positives of the RPR would outweigh the negatives, especially if you get it at a good price.

Scope: you MUST get one with an adjustable parallax down to preferably 10 metres and certainly not less than 20 metres, or you are going to be disappointed with it and you will end up buying another one.

Once you have filtered for suitable parallax adjustment, I recommend exposed turrets as it is much easier to change elevation as your shooting distance changes.

After that, consider if you want first or second focal plane and if you want milliradians or MoA adjustments.

Then consider what reticle you want. For target, it is better to have subtensions on the reticle, like this one in the first post of the thread:
https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/th ... s.6893988/

That particular scope is out of your price range, but you can get a similar reticle in cheaper scopes. The caveat is that a more simple reticle is sometimes better for fast shooting.

Or just get a cheap whatever scope - if your scope budget is $500, you will end up wanting to change it before long once you know better what you get with more $$$ compared to a $500 entry level scope. You can buy based on your own knowledge, rather than what some guy on the internet says.
Biscuits
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Lazarus » 29 Sep 2022, 7:19 am

Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Tomaus » 29 Sep 2022, 9:33 am

Biscuits wrote:I would say the Ruger Precision Rimfire as it looks nice and is adjustable. You will probably have to mess with the others, for example by fitting a comb riser or spacers to increase length of pull.

But there are negatives to the RPR, the main one being it is a bit heavier than the T1x (I'm comparing with the T1x as I own one). This will make it a bit more difficult to shoot offhand. And the chassis fore end isn't quite as comfortable to hold onto if shooting offhand. Overall for me the positives of the RPR would outweigh the negatives, especially if you get it at a good price.

Scope: you MUST get one with an adjustable parallax down to preferably 10 metres and certainly not less than 20 metres, or you are going to be disappointed with it and you will end up buying another one.

Once you have filtered for suitable parallax adjustment, I recommend exposed turrets as it is much easier to change elevation as your shooting distance changes.

After that, consider if you want first or second focal plane and if you want milliradians or MoA adjustments.

Then consider what reticle you want. For target, it is better to have subtensions on the reticle, like this one in the first post of the thread:
https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/th ... s.6893988/

That particular scope is out of your price range, but you can get a similar reticle in cheaper scopes. The caveat is that a more simple reticle is sometimes better for fast shooting.

Or just get a cheap whatever scope - if your scope budget is $500, you will end up wanting to change it before long once you know better what you get with more $$$ compared to a $500 entry level scope. You can buy based on your own knowledge, rather than what some guy on the internet says.

Thanks so much this is great information, you're the second person that has mentioned the parralax setting now and it's certainly not something I am going to forget. I nearly fell off my chair at the price of the scope (I know you were just using it to illustrate a point) haha. We definitely will be going on the cheaper end to start with and that's OK. Longer term we hope to get into some longer range target shooting and the 22LRs are just an entry point for us to learn all the ins and outs without having to get a second job for higher calibre ammuinition :)

Lazarus wrote:Hawke has these specific 22lr models at $370

For .22HV
https://au.hawkeoptics.com/vantage-ir-3 ... ocity.html

For Subsonic
https://au.hawkeoptics.com/vantage-ir-3 ... sonic.html

Fantastic, thanks they are certainly affordable though we probably will look at something with a bit more magnification.
Tomaus
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Biscuits » 29 Sep 2022, 10:12 pm

^ Actually the other reason I used that Kahles 525i scope as an example is I bought one……

That level of scope and price is definitely not necessary for you. However, if you have some spare cash, I would recommend pushing your budget to about $1000 for the scope This will get you a scope you will never need to trade in for a better one. You might buy a better scope in the future when you have more rifles, but the $1000 scope will be completely fine to use forever.

I like reticles with marked millirad or MOA subtensions. For target, I don’t like BDC/bullet drop reticles. They are not accurate enough. They are not consistent across different types and brands of ammo, as bullets from each brand of ammo will come out of each rifle at a different speed. The loss of accuracy gets larger with increasing distance.

Have a look at this
https://www.winchesteraustralia.com.au/ ... 1850RDMRAD

Or for sale here
https://magnumsports.com.au/meopta-meop ... fp-rd.html

Once you get to this level of scope, you can buy a milrad or MoA model or a first or second focal plane modeland there is a choice of reticles.

As I wrote above, I like first focal plane reticles with milirad (this is what I use) or MoA subtensions (subtensions = marks like a ruler)

Get the right reticle, it makes a big difference. IMHO the scope makes more difference than the rifle. If you can’t see your target or can’t adjust the aiming point for elevation and wind, then you can’t hit anything.

So when you buy the scope, you don’t just need to choose the scope, you also need to choose the reticle.

That’s my advice, having bought a cheap scope early on in my shooting, then selling it on for a better one not long after.

If you don’t have that $1000 budget, then Hawke have some options which are good for the price paid
Biscuits
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by deye243 » 30 Sep 2022, 1:14 am

Well I will agree with the above Post I went with a cheaper scope at 700 bucks for a element Helix MOA for the rec and turrets the rec has 20 moa and I have verified this as accurate for my 22 Rimfire out to 400 yards and have a lot of fun especially since I found out that my CZ457 loves Norma tac22 relatively cheap at 150 bucks a brick it still shoots good at the longer Ranges a lot of match ammo falls over after 200 yards due to nose profile tac22 does not in my rifle .
The Helix even comes with a bullet proof zero stop it is easier to use then my NXS Nightforce scopes .
Screenshot_20220930-011745_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220930-011745_Gallery.jpg (489.76 KiB) Viewed 3266 times

Screenshot_20220930-011732_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220930-011732_Gallery.jpg (325.49 KiB) Viewed 3266 times

Screenshot_20220930-011726_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220930-011726_Gallery.jpg (312.08 KiB) Viewed 3266 times
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Tomaus » 30 Sep 2022, 10:56 am

Biscuits wrote:^ Actually the other reason I used that Kahles 525i scope as an example is I bought one……

That level of scope and price is definitely not necessary for you. However, if you have some spare cash, I would recommend pushing your budget to about $1000 for the scope This will get you a scope you will never need to trade in for a better one. You might buy a better scope in the future when you have more rifles, but the $1000 scope will be completely fine to use forever.

I like reticles with marked millirad or MOA subtensions. For target, I don’t like BDC/bullet drop reticles. They are not accurate enough. They are not consistent across different types and brands of ammo, as bullets from each brand of ammo will come out of each rifle at a different speed. The loss of accuracy gets larger with increasing distance.

Have a look at this
https://www.winchesteraustralia.com.au/ ... 1850RDMRAD

Or for sale here
https://magnumsports.com.au/meopta-meop ... fp-rd.html

Once you get to this level of scope, you can buy a milrad or MoA model or a first or second focal plane modeland there is a choice of reticles.

As I wrote above, I like first focal plane reticles with milirad (this is what I use) or MoA subtensions (subtensions = marks like a ruler)

Get the right reticle, it makes a big difference. IMHO the scope makes more difference than the rifle. If you can’t see your target or can’t adjust the aiming point for elevation and wind, then you can’t hit anything.

So when you buy the scope, you don’t just need to choose the scope, you also need to choose the reticle.

That’s my advice, having bought a cheap scope early on in my shooting, then selling it on for a better one not long after.

If you don’t have that $1000 budget, then Hawke have some options which are good for the price paid

Thanks very much again, while I am not against spending 1K or more, it really isn't an option this time around, we are buying 2 of everything (along with all of the other accessories and bits and pieces) and the last thing I want to do is scare my partner away with the bill shock :). We have talked it over and this is just going to be a starter platform, have some fun with it and then looking at moving up (potentially 223 and then maybe 308). Whatever scope we put on these rifles will likely stay on these. I don't imagine we will look at competing with these rifles, outside of some entry level stuff to get a feel for it and then from there decide where we want to take it and then invest some serious money once we have a much more informed opinion about likes and dislikes. That said you have given me a lot of food for thought in what to look out for, thanks again :thumbsup:

deye243 wrote:Well I will agree with the above Post I went with a cheaper scope at 700 bucks for a element Helix MOA for the rec and turrets the rec has 20 moa and I have verified this as accurate for my 22 Rimfire out to 400 yards and have a lot of fun especially since I found out that my CZ457 loves Norma tac22 relatively cheap at 150 bucks a brick it still shoots good at the longer Ranges a lot of match ammo falls over after 200 yards due to nose profile tac22 does not in my rifle .
The Helix even comes with a bullet proof zero stop it is easier to use then my NXS Nightforce scopes .
Screenshot_20220930-011745_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220930-011732_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220930-011726_Gallery.jpg

These look like some good options and closer to what I might be able to stretch to, will check them out, very much appreciated.
Tomaus
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by jwai86 » 30 Sep 2022, 11:16 am

If it helps at all, I purchased a Hawke Vantage 3-9× 40mm AO scope with a 30/30 duplex reticle from an eBay retailer in the UK for a total cost of around $200 earlier this year. I figured that would be enough to start with until my shooting requirements become clearer.
jwai86
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by likeimjohnwayne » 30 Sep 2022, 11:55 am

jwai86 wrote:If it helps at all, I purchased a Hawke Vantage 3-9× 40mm AO scope with a 30/30 duplex reticle from an eBay retailer in the UK for a total cost of around $200 earlier this year. I figured that would be enough to start with until my shooting requirements become clearer.

From Nickwave?

I ordered a Hawke Vantage 4-12x40 AO from him yesterday. Hoping everything is legit.
likeimjohnwayne
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by jwai86 » 30 Sep 2022, 12:03 pm

likeimjohnwayne wrote:From Nickwave?

I ordered a Hawke Vantage 4-12x40 AO from him yesterday. Hoping everything is legit.

Somebody going by the name 'nickwake'. I didn't run into any issues with receiving what I ordered, so hopefully it will be the same for you.
jwai86
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Next

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles