Ruger BX-15 for Volquartsen Summit

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Ruger BX-15 for Volquartsen Summit

Post by thunderbird » 04 Nov 2022, 10:24 am

Hey guys, wondering if anyone know if the Ruger BX-15 magazine will fit Volquartsen Summit rifle? In theory Volquartsen Summit is based on Ruger 10/22 platform, so it should fit, but just want to be conformed. thanks!
thunderbird
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Ruger BX-15 for Volquartsen Summit

Post by bladeracer » 04 Nov 2022, 10:37 am

thunderbird wrote:Hey guys, wondering if anyone know if the Ruger BX-15 magazine will fit Volquartsen Summit rifle? In theory Volquartsen Summit is based on Ruger 10/22 platform, so it should fit, but just want to be conformed. thanks!

Can't comment on whether it fits the rifle, but you can only get them restricted to 10rds now, unless you can find a secondhand original that came with the early RPR. We can't import the BX15's anymore, even though they're legal in all states. Much better mag than the 10rd rotaries though.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Shootermick » 04 Nov 2022, 11:46 am

Not completely sure either, but I’m led to believe so. Maybe also look at Victor Precision, they fit the Ruger rimfires and go out to 25 rounds I think.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by thunderbird » 17 Nov 2022, 10:41 am

I ordered two and will see if they fit when they arrived. Fingers crossed
thunderbird
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 17 Nov 2022, 11:18 am

thunderbird wrote:I ordered two and will see if they fit when they arrived. Fingers crossed

15rd or 10rd ones? I'd love to get a few more 15rd BX-15's if they'd allow me to import some, they're an awesome mag but I only have three, plus a 10rd BX-25.

The ProMag Archangel is a good option, 25rd restricted to 15rd so a bit longer than preferred. Can be annoying shooting from a bench due to the length. And the springs are standard 25rd springs so get pretty heavy loading the last few rounds. These don't fit into my MDT LSS chassis though so you'd want to confirm they fit yours first. I bought four from Cleaver for $50 apiece so they're great value. They came with sleeves to make them look like AR15 mags but I removed those. I have had a couple of stoppages with these mags, but over many thousands of rounds the failure rate is miniscule and the mags disassemble very easily, slide the floor plate off and everything drops out the bottom. I don't believe I've ever had any issues with the BX15's. I have had feed issues with the BX-10's, not a fan of them at all.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles