Sportco pump action

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Sportco pump action

Post by Shootermick » 05 Nov 2022, 5:55 pm

I’m after any information on the Sportco pump action .22’s.?
Can’t find out too much on the internet.
What were they like? Are some models better than others?
I like the idea of a box fed pump action, and being Australian made is another plus.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Re: Sportco pump action

Post by No1Mk3 » 06 Nov 2022, 4:20 pm

Pretty much a copy of the Remington 972, the early Model 90 was known to fire out of battery if not kept scrupulously clean, a problem fixed with the 90A and Model 93 series. A good reliable little rifle other than that issue with the first models.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Shootermick » 06 Nov 2022, 4:22 pm

No1Mk3 wrote:Pretty much a copy of the Remington 972, the early Model 90 was known to fire out of battery if not kept scrupulously clean, a problem fixed with the 90A and Model 93 series. A good reliable little rifle other than that issue with the first models.

Thanks No1. I had a feeling you might know something about them.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Hunter257 » 09 Nov 2022, 11:22 am

not sure about the out of battery thing, but they have a slide lock and some of them got removed. If the slide lock is removed then the slide may not fully close, resulting in a light strike and a fail to fire.
Also the trigger group on the 93 is made of bakelite. If it's good it's fine. otherwise it will crumble, lots of 93s have 90 trigger groups these days.
And magazines are hard to find.
I have a 90A which is mint and love it, they are excellent to shoot and great bunny guns
Hunter257
Private
Private

New South Wales

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles