Norinco - The Sproting Rifle!! that's a gem...

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Norinco - The Sproting Rifle!! that's a gem...

Post by Vince24 » 28 Nov 2022, 9:30 pm

Hi guys

Sorry, I could not resist the temptation to share with you a picture of the original Instruction Manual of my JW25A:

IMG_4557.jpg
IMG_4557.jpg (572.14 KiB) Viewed 1821 times

Yes, you are reading this correctly, the Sproting Rifle :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Those rifles are really produced on a budget, there is even some cost cutting on the editing job:)

Joke aside, that little JW25A shoots quite decently - better than the old Lee in 22 anyway.
POI is very low with subsonic 22 ammo, but that easy to correct by glueing something under the rear sight slidable bit (can't find the English word but surely you see what I am talking about). Btw that rear sight leaf was so pooly adjusted that it was moving left-right: I replaced it with a late-war German production rear sight leaf (graduated to 2000m :mrgreen: ), and it fits perfectly now. Even under carpet bombings, the German were still concerned with quality... :crazy:
Vince24
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Australian Capital Territory

Re: Norinco - The Sproting Rifle!! that's a gem...

Post by Tiger650 » 29 Nov 2022, 5:04 am

Reckon I would use a .222 minimum on Sproats !
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by safeshot » 29 Nov 2022, 5:38 pm

I once had a Norinco pistol (a 1911) the outside was was so-so in finish but the internals and groups were very good.
"Behave well. Think for the best. Speak kindly."
safeshot
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by deye243 » 29 Nov 2022, 10:00 pm

safeshot wrote:I once had a Norinco pistol (a 1911) the outside was was so-so in finish but the internals and groups were very good.

I had one too but a Springfield armory 45 came up at a good price wit 500 rounds and all the dies 5 mags and the norinco was gone even though it made a respectable account of itself trigger was good accuracy was good enough for it's job I often wonder what they're like these days.
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 29 Nov 2022, 10:15 pm

Good onya Vince,

I heartily applaud a man who can laugh at his own typos.

I step on my dick on a regular basis my own self.

I once pronounced, totally wrongly, that the Chinese didn't export anything but military rifles :lol:

Turns out they're quite good value.
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 30 Nov 2022, 4:57 pm

yeah , nah . i don't by anything from that commie regime unless i can't get a better jap,yank, euro product
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Vince24 » 30 Nov 2022, 9:28 pm

I just find crazy that any publishing house could print a user manual with such a big visible typo on the first page. Like nobody has looked at this before starting the printing process. And they probably printed thousands of them with the same typo. I doubt mine is the only one.

Norinco owners, please check your manuals! :D

Anyway, as we all agree, beyond some obvious superficial quality issues, the Norinco rifles can certainly do the job very well.
Vince24
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by bullzeye » 01 Dec 2022, 8:13 am

bigrich wrote:yeah , nah . i don't by anything from that commie regime unless i can't get a better jap,yank, euro product

100% agree with this comment.

Don't spend your hard earned dollar supporting the CCP. I always look for American or Euro firearms and happy to pay more for them.
bullzeye
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Lazarus » 01 Dec 2022, 8:14 am

Vince24 wrote:I just find crazy that any publishing house could print a user manual with such a big visible typo on the first page. Like nobody has looked at this before starting the printing process. And they probably printed thousands of them with the same typo. I doubt mine is the only one.

Norinco owners, please check your manuals! :D

Anyway, as we all agree, beyond some obvious superficial quality issues, the Norinco rifles can certainly do the job very well.

Well there's a perfect example, I didn't even look at the picture and assumed it was a typo in your title :lol:

My poor little Johnson is getting scuffed and bruised.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Vince24 » 01 Dec 2022, 7:18 pm

I don't quite see why I would made this topic if it had been just me doing a typo;)
Vince24
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Lazarus » 02 Dec 2022, 9:14 am

Vince24 wrote:I don't quite see why I would made this topic if it had been just me doing a typo;)

In my defence, I was rather chemically impaired at the time of my first response.

I can be a little slow at the best of times, add 3/4 of a bottle of vodka and I'm positively retarded.

How my brain works when drinking:
Screenshot_20221201-210817_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20221201-210817_Instagram.jpg (165.68 KiB) Viewed 1554 times
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by jwai86 » 05 Dec 2022, 5:06 pm

safeshot wrote:I once had a Norinco pistol (a 1911) the outside was was so-so in finish but the internals and groups were very good.

That's what I've read as well. Very rough fit and finish compared to more expensive 1911s but they usually work well enough. A 9mm 1911 clone made in China sounds like something designed to enrage American purists :D
jwai86
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by jwai86 » 05 Dec 2022, 5:10 pm

Vince24 wrote:Btw that rear sight leaf was so pooly adjusted that it was moving left-right: I replaced it with a late-war German production rear sight leaf (graduated to 2000m :mrgreen: ), and it fits perfectly now. Even under carpet bombings, the German were still concerned with quality... :crazy:

How well does your rifle shoot using open sights after replacing the rear sight leaf?
jwai86
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Vince24 » 05 Dec 2022, 9:46 pm

On the accuracy of the JW25A.

I always shoot it at the military club unsupported and I don't take pictures.

Only once I have shot it at 100m on bench, to do the sighting-in.

So I will answer the question with 3 pics:

- The first pic is the Norinco at 100m, 10 shots, front rest, iron sights, cheap CCI standard. Keeping in mind the sights are awful. This is just one attempt at shooting a 10 shot groups, possibly I could have done better if I had insisted.

- The second pic is my CZ 452 at 100m, 10 shots, front rest, with the iron sights, SK ammo. You can see the group is not much better than the Norinco. On the other hand, this was some years before the Norinco group, I may have become more proficient in the meantime.

- The third pic is again my CZ 452 at 100m, 10 shots, this time with a 24x Tasco scope, front and rear rest. SK ammo.The 10 shots are within 3.2cm.

You can see the huge difference that a scope does, compared to iron sights!
I don't think the Norinco would do as well with a scope, though can't be sure...

Pics:

IMG_4611.jpg
IMG_4611.jpg (127.2 KiB) Viewed 1497 times

CZ 452 iron 100m.jpg
CZ 452 iron 100m.jpg (109.91 KiB) Viewed 1497 times

452+ Tasco 100m.jpg
452+ Tasco 100m.jpg (99.73 KiB) Viewed 1497 times
Vince24
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles