CZ 457 Synthetic .22LR

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

CZ 457 Synthetic .22LR

Post by Freezing In A Field » 02 Feb 2023, 3:37 am

A bit of fun and quick zero check as it turned out.Hope you enjoy the vid. :D

This was 68 + YARDS according to the Hawke Endurance range finder...sort of long distance for me but not for most of you guys I suspect.

The first five / cold bore shots with RWS subs.

It was a bit breezy with a direct L -R crosswind with gusts at 19mph and a constant wind of 14mph according to the Met office.

I measured the four shots at 0.51 of an inch (1.3cm).The very first shot was the flyer.A bit annoying but sometimes happens.Reasonably happy with the RWS subs.

457 Synthetic with RWS subs, Hawke Vantage x2 - x7 I.R. 32mm scope.

Have a good evening / morning all. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9VO7slPUWo&t=15s
Freezing In A Field
Recruit
Recruit

United Kingdom

Re: CZ 457 Synthetic .22LR

Post by deye243 » 05 Feb 2023, 5:24 pm

Nothing wrong with that at all only thing you need to do is some more testing and see if there is consistency with the first shot if there is will make it very easy to compensate for congratulations on the rifle I also have a c z 457 mine is the walnut Varmint it is a lot of fun out to 300 yards .
And welcome to the site doesn't get much traffic but there is a lot of good information here and there
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Wm.Traynor » 05 Feb 2023, 7:09 pm

Very good shooting in those rather scary conditions.
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by Freezing In A Field » 07 Feb 2023, 10:40 pm

deye243 wrote:Nothing wrong with that at all only thing you need to do is some more testing and see if there is consistency with the first shot if there is will make it very easy to compensate for congratulations on the rifle I also have a c z 457 mine is the walnut Varmint it is a lot of fun out to 300 yards .
And welcome to the site doesn't get much traffic but there is a lot of good information here and there

Thanks mate.Good point about the first cold bore shot with regards to consistency.This does not happen always.Typically does not happen with RWS subs, so was a bit surprised when it did in the video.

300 yards.Very nice.Glad you like your 457.They are very reliable and fairly accurate rifles, so much to like.Thanks again. ;)
Freezing In A Field
Recruit
Recruit

United Kingdom

Post by Freezing In A Field » 07 Feb 2023, 10:41 pm

Wm.Traynor wrote:Very good shooting in those rather scary conditions.

Thanks Wim.Appreciate it. ;)
Freezing In A Field
Recruit
Recruit

United Kingdom

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles