Running Boar Rim Fires

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Running Boar Rim Fires

Post by allan » 16 Apr 2023, 11:14 am

Things have been a bit quiet here lately so I thought I'd post pics of a couple of rare 22's.

I've owned a Walther Moving Target & an Anschutz 1808EDS Running Boar for years.

A friend in the US saw images of the Walther and spent a long time searching until he found a nice one. Then last week, I had a message from him. He had just been offered a NIB 1808EDS so he jumped on it.

These rifles were built in the 70's & 80's and are classic examples of "old school" German design and engineering.

allan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Other

Re: Running Boar Rim Fires

Post by SCJ429 » 16 Apr 2023, 2:17 pm

Beautiful rimfires, if you ever want to sell the Anschutz please let me know.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by northdude » 16 Apr 2023, 7:54 pm

wow those are nice. There's a similar looking annie in the lgs here but I think its just a 64. tempting tho
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by wrenchman » 17 Apr 2023, 2:39 am

i had one many years ago it was the most accurate 22 i have had it was the only one that make i have held i sold it and at the time for a 22 it was a lot of money but when i got it i traded a marlin 1895 444 for it
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by in2anity » 17 Apr 2023, 10:22 am

It's amazing how small the lockup surface is on the 54 action - yet they are so incredibly accurate. Throws the "triple lugs are most accurate 22lr" concept into the wind.
At what point does lack of maintenance become patina?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles