Winchester model 150

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Winchester model 150

Post by Wallaby stew » 28 May 2023, 8:32 am

It's my first post here so I'm writing about the rifle my wife bought me for my birthday. After a near two months wait for the permit and some kind of mix up at the post office causing a further delay, funny how that only happens to firearms, my little Winchester 150 arrived.
I remember when they were in stores years ago but $38 was out of my price range but I always wanted one. They came out when Winchester was struggling to survive and found ways to cut production costs so this line of rifles got an unfair wrap.
I've tested four different types of ammo through it so far both sub and hi velocity and they all group the same at 50 mts, around an inch or less, my Bruno wouldn't do that. It's a real pleasure to shoot as well very smooth action and nice and light with the aluminium receiver. For a fifty year old gun I'm really impressed how it's aged. I've put a sling on it and it's become my go to gun on the bike around the farm so now my centrefires are getting some time off.
One of the things about these rifles is how much cheaper they are than the 9422, and the barrels were probably made on the same machines.
Make assumptions from observations
Observe outcomes
Update assumptions
Repeat
Wallaby stew
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Winchester model 150

Post by No1Mk3 » 30 May 2023, 2:03 pm

G'day mate and welcome to the forum,
The 150, and the rest of the series, were neat budget rifles. I had a 250, the semi-pistol grip version, and it always shot well. The barrels were the one thing Winchester didn't scrimp on and would certainly have been made on their regular machinery as would the later 9422 model. Really easy to dismantle and clean without tools which was great if you were away in the paddocks for a couple of days camping. Hope you enjoy your new bunny buster!, Cheers
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by flashman » 01 Jun 2023, 7:30 am

HI...........Got some pics..... :thumbsup:
flashman
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria