hello and bruno model 2 22lr advice

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

hello and bruno model 2 22lr advice

Post by storm » 02 Jun 2023, 8:16 pm

Evening all
have been surfing this site for a while now big thanks to all contributors there is a wealth of knowledge on this site which has been very helpful.

i have a few Brunos and a CZ

i have my old father in-laws Bruno fox 222 and Bruno model 2 1958 22lr. and a CZ 22lr
am doing a build on the mod (1958 model 2 22lr ) just looking for advice read an old thread by a gentleman who goes by collector. i am looking at putting a boyds thumbhole varmint stock on it they have one for Bruno model 2 E i have researched and am under the impressions that the model 2 should drop into it if any body has any advice as to this being correct would love some feed back

and have sent Bruno fox 222 to be barreled am putting a varmint barrel on this and will be looking at putting another stock on this as we now have moved from the farm and am dabbling at target shooting for fun.
cheers and thanks in advance the newbie
storm
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Re: hello and bruno model 2 22lr advice

Post by Oldbloke » 04 Jun 2023, 12:32 pm

storm wrote:Evening all
have been surfing this site for a while now big thanks to all contributors there is a wealth of knowledge on this site which has been very helpful.

i have a few Brunos and a CZ

i have my old father in-laws Bruno fox 222 and Bruno model 2 1958 22lr. and a CZ 22lr
am doing a build on the mod (1958 model 2 22lr ) just looking for advice read an old thread by a gentleman who goes by collector. i am looking at putting a boyds thumbhole varmint stock on it they have one for Bruno model 2 E i have researched and am under the impressions that the model 2 should drop into it if any body has any advice as to this being correct would love some feed back

and have sent Bruno fox 222 to be barreled am putting a varmint barrel on this and will be looking at putting another stock on this as we now have moved from the farm and am dabbling at target shooting for fun.
cheers and thanks in advance the newbie

You will likely reduce the value of the M2 if you change the stock.

What's wrong with the old stock?
Can't it be restored?
Stock pics?
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Cooper » 04 Jun 2023, 1:47 pm

I replied to you Centrefire thread topic Re: the Bruno Fox 222.

I have Boyd’s stocks on my Cz452 and cz455. I think the model 2 is pretty similar to CZ452. I think my mine is actually a mode 2 “E” or something.

I think the model 2s may have actually 3 action screws?? My cz452 has three screw in the floor plate but the front screw is just a wood screw that goes straight into the stock.

I definitely think you could make it fit. May just have to drill out the front action screw hole. Somebody or Rimfire Centre forum would definitely know the answer.
Cooper
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Larry » 04 Jun 2023, 3:02 pm

Only recently saw a Bruno 2 in the LGS for the first time. My god it looked ugly it had the European Hogs back but stock on it. It was a beast of a thing l initially thought it may have been a trainer due to its size the length of pull was certainly for a big bloke.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by No1Mk3 » 04 Jun 2023, 3:13 pm

The 2 and 2E have the same action, with some ejection port differences, safety differences etc. The name of the City it is named after is Brno, by the way, there is no "U" in it. BRNO. Pronounced "Birno" Keep the old stock for the Model 2 so you can change it back if you decide ever to sell it, as Oldbloke said it is worth considerably more in original trim. Cheers..
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles