Rim X 22LR

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Rim X 22LR

Post by allan » 19 Jul 2023, 2:26 pm

Last year I had this rifle built to my specs by Primal Rights/TS Customs in South Dakota - Shipped in September and it finally arrived at my local dealer's recently.
As expected, overall function of this Rim X is simply faultless - It has been set up for SK/Lapua but seems to run anything without any feed, extraction or ejection issues.
Decent 22LR ammo is currently very scarce so I've just been using up whatever I have on hand to do my initial tests. I don't normally "cherry pick" targets but have attached a sample of the accuracy potential below - All shot minus the tuner as I want to establish a base line first. The 20X5 in the bottom right hand corner is the first 100 shots fired - By column 4, I'd started to get a feel for this gun - The last 25 shots are all in a group comfortably under 1/2" at 50. The other targets have been shot with several flavours of SK, RWS, Federal & Eley - The inner circles on those targets are 10 & 12MM in dia.
If I ever get my hands on a good lot number of Center X, I may see if I can tune this thing but suffice to say, I'm more than satisfied with the overall performance now.

allan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Other

Re: Rim X 22LR

Post by deye243 » 19 Jul 2023, 7:46 pm

Outstanding Allan
deye243
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by SCJ429 » 19 Jul 2023, 9:03 pm

Nice, what are you going to use it for?
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by allan » 20 Jul 2023, 1:33 pm

Just for my own enjoyment and a bit of target shooting - I've always had an interest in quality rim fires - This will be the last rifle I will ever buy so I thought I'd treat myself to a nice one!
allan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Other

Post by SCJ429 » 20 Jul 2023, 6:56 pm

Target shooting using the bipod, prone?
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by allan » 21 Jul 2023, 11:23 am

Mate, I'm 74 and currently dealing with three separate cancer diagnoses - Every day I get to shoot any of my rim fire collection is a bonus from here on in - I'll be shooting this thing off a bench with bipod/rear support and front rest/rear bag.
I'm actually considering selling off a number of my sporter/off hand 22's as I no longer have the capacity to shoot them well.
allan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Other

Post by northdude » 21 Jul 2023, 12:10 pm

Dont count the days, make the days count
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand