SSAA - What benefits are you getting out of it?

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Re: SSAA - What benefits are you getting out of it?

Post by AbyssRider » 30 Aug 2023, 1:06 pm

animalpest wrote:Given I am their competitor (their words) in business I wont touch them

that's interesting. how so? are you from another gun group or somethin?
AbyssRider
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by bladeracer » 30 Aug 2023, 1:34 pm

It just occurred to me that I have now attended three rifle clubs and one shotgun club since 1983 (I only actually shot at one, my grandson shot at another), and none of them were SSAA ranges. I'm taking my grandson to another shotgun club next week, also not SSAA. Coincidental perhaps, or perhaps they offer something that SSAA don't? I have no idea. Perhaps it's just that SSAA has no clubs within a couple hours of me, but one of those non-SSAA clubs was nine-hours away. My SSAA membership club is 2.5hrs away so I've never been there. Next year will be my tenth year as a member so I really should get along for a look at least.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by AlHow » 01 Sep 2023, 8:17 pm

geoff wrote:
GQshayne wrote:
AbyssRider wrote:
GQshayne wrote:I enjoy the magazine.
Insurance is good value.
Any group that represents us in a professional way can only be a good thing.

as a newbie i ordered their guidance magazine and hope it is educational enough.

It certainly cannot hurt. Lots of good articles in the regular magazine in my opinion. I read my first shooting mag (Sporting Shooter) in 1978, when I was a boy. I still read them both.

Have they ever reviewed a bad gun or scope etc? They seem to always get shining examples to review. I guess that means there mustn't be any bad apples hey.

Everything is great according to their marketing department

We see this with many mags and yes, I have noticed it with their’s. The other thing is mostly its high end gear thats reviewed. I’m on a tight budget as many would be so reviews on budget but good gear would be appreciated. I’m a newbie so I don’t mind reading the mag I used them to get my license earlier in the year.
AlHow
Private
Private

-

Post by AbyssRider » 04 Sep 2023, 11:53 am

animalpest wrote:Given I am their competitor (their words) in business I wont touch them

strange, i thought i responded to this post earlier. but never mind.

is there another shooter's association that is in competition with SSAA?
AbyssRider
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by ausbushman » 13 Oct 2023, 6:13 pm

I have dropped out of it, my family have and I am recommending mates to let em go. Another bill for no reward, we have properties where we can legally shoot. Just my personnel preference from now on.
ausbushman
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by womble » 14 Oct 2023, 1:38 am

20 million dollars liability and personal accident insurance is pretty f***ing generous for the price of membership.
Not like it’s expensive either . About the cost of one packet of cigarettes a year.
Yes people would like them to do more. Fact is they know what they’re doing and do it well. Incredibly well run organisation.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Diamond Jim » 24 Oct 2023, 7:33 pm

With recent events in WA I have re-joined SSAA and signed up as a member of SFF(WA) Party. The proposed regime here is too frightening to contemplate - who else can I support to fight these changes? Genuine question.
Listing your firearms is as good as a fingerprint.
Diamond Jim
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by womble » 25 Oct 2023, 3:27 am

Diamond Jim wrote:With recent events in WA I have re-joined SSAA and signed up as a member of SFF(WA) Party. The proposed regime here is too frightening to contemplate - who else can I support to fight these changes? Genuine question.

There’s the Shooters Union .
You get a very nice card that goes in your wallet with your own official membership number.
Anyway, they are a lobby group and they do actually lobby. Plus legal assistance and insurance options.
https://shootersunion.com.au/recreational-shooters/
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by d4n73n » 27 Oct 2023, 1:15 am

A genuine reason for my license hahaha. I've also got my safety course booked for the 18th of November.
d4n73n
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Previous

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles