First .22

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Re: First .22

Post by Norton » 13 Feb 2015, 8:49 am

petemacsydney wrote:spend a little more, get a CZ. you wont regret it ;-)

Another CZ voter here.
CZ 550 American Safari Magnum in .416 Rigby

Other puny calibre rifles... What man would want you now?
Norton
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by GLS_1956 » 14 Feb 2015, 3:41 am

My first 22 was a Browning BPR-22, pump action bought it about 40 years ago, pretty accurate and fun to shoot. Out of production. Marlin 39A, lever-action, I've had it 15 years and I added Williams brand rear aperture sight, quite accurate but trigger could be better. About 10 years ago I bought a Steven's Favorite falling block, third or fourth incarnation of the Favorite, now out of production. Heavy trigger, crude buckhorn sights, but is more than accurate enough for casual plinking. Marlin Model 60 came into my life about 5 years ago. Synthetic stocked, blued action and barrel and it came with a no-name china made 4x scoped, which has been replaced. Dirt cheap under $150USD, damn accurate, a Marlin Model 60 out of the box will out shoot a Ruger 10/22 out of the box any day of the week and twice on Sunday. The trigger improves with use. Final 22 on the often shot list is a CZ 455 Sporter, with an "American Stock". Very accurate, I do hope to get an aftermarket, Timney Trigger someday. I also have a single shot 22 marked "H. Pieper" that is of unknown age, but suspected of being late 1800s or early 1900s make, I've only shot shorts through it. And I have a Savage 22 autoloader that I inherited from my grandfather, it needs a trip to a gunsmith to have a few ills addressed.
I've been asked: "How many guns do you need to have?" My answer remains the same: "One more."
GLS_1956
Sergeant
Sergeant

United States of America

Post by greenonion » 15 Feb 2015, 7:35 pm

bigfellascott wrote:Have you tried the CCI Standard or the 40gn Win Power Point subs? they shoot fine in the daughters.

Photos busted Scott?
greenonion
Recruit
Recruit

Tasmania

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles