Lithgow Crossover

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Lithgow Crossover

Post by MeccaOz » 16 Sep 2014, 6:27 pm

So they have been out for a bit, and know one here has really said anything about them... Are they s**t or something ?
MeccaOz
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Re: Lithgow Crossover

Post by Baronvonrort » 16 Sep 2014, 8:52 pm

I held one at the shot expo, it was nice.

A few reviews about, one on youtube by ozzie reviews he reckons it's ok.

I would take one over a Norinco..lol
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Combat_Wombat » 16 Sep 2014, 10:14 pm

I think it's just too expensive and came out at a time where money is a bit more scarce... Saying that I haven't fired one so they could very well be s**t too
Remington 700 CDL .270
Rossi M92 44mag
CZ 452 deluxe .22LR
Howa 1500 .204
Savage FVSR 22
Combat_Wombat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by MeccaOz » 16 Sep 2014, 11:36 pm

Cheers Baron I'll have a look on youtube mate :) You might be right on that score too Wombat.
MeccaOz
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by 1290 » 17 Sep 2014, 7:03 pm

I wont judge without at least handling.... but the take up might not be as frantic as anticipated;
Our friends in QLD appear to be discounting already!!

LITHGOW ARMS
CROSSOVER 22LR 5 SHOT
SYNTHETIC STOCK
MADE IN AUSTRALIA !!!!
NEW $875
ON ORDER NOW
GET YOUR ORDERS IN !!!

Take a bit more of that price and I might even buy one... or two!!
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Westy » 18 Sep 2014, 6:30 am

Shot Keith's one last week at silhouettes wasn't a 1712 Annie but it wasn't a bad shooter!!!!In saying this I think the price is a little bit to much for a Average rifle and the trigger is just plain s**t , thus making my comments on the price and it just felt "CHEAP IN THE HAND :| :shock: :o I personally would spend the $50-00 more and buy a Weihrauch with the 2 stage trigger or spend a few bucks more on a 64 action Annie :) ;) :P
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Blu333 » 18 Sep 2014, 10:00 am

Just get a CZ 455 and be done with it :lol: (fanboy alert) :lol:
12G Pardus LAX12 Marine 20"
12G Adler A110
12G Winchester 101 O/U
.308 Rem 7600P - Leupold Vx1 3-9x40mm
.308 Rem 700 VSFII - Nightforce 8-32x56mm
.223 Tikka Super Varmint - Leupold VX2 6-18x40mm
.22LR CZ 455 Bushnell 4-12
.22 Winchester Air Rifle
Blu333
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by crush » 18 Sep 2014, 3:02 pm

I was keen but TBH totally lost interest...

Too much hype, too soon, took too long to come out. And not a bargain price either.

Lost interest...
crush
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by Juganort » 18 Sep 2014, 4:07 pm

Westy wrote:Shot Keith's one last week at silhouettes wasn't a 1712 Annie but it wasn't a bad shooter!!!!In saying this I think the price is a little bit to much for a Average rifle and the trigger is just plain s**t , thus making my comments on the price and it just felt "CHEAP IN THE HAND :| :shock: :o I personally would spend the $50-00 more and buy a Weihrauch with the 2 stage trigger or spend a few bucks more on a 64 action Annie :) ;) :P

I was looking at one of these for Silhouette at Belmont if that's the Keith you're referring to mate? It'd be my first rifle but I'm considering taking up a Savage BRJ instead due to everyone saying that the Crossover Trigger is no good for target work?

Cheers

Jug
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.
Juganort
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by MeccaOz » 18 Sep 2014, 4:47 pm

Dont get me wrong guy's I'm ALL for Aussie made ( Not Owned by Aussies though ). But first and foremost when it comes to firearms, I want bang for bucks. Think I'll wait a bit longer and get some advise from real people rather than Thales sponsored infomercials :)
MeccaOz
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by 1290 » 18 Sep 2014, 6:49 pm

MeccaOz wrote:Dont get me wrong guy's I'm ALL for Aussie made ( Not Owned by Aussies though ). But first and foremost when it comes to firearms, I want bang for bucks. Think I'll wait a bit longer and get some advise from real people rather than Thales sponsored infomercials :)

I wouldnt buy a norinco.... at least not when a zasty can be had for 3 to 400...
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by MeccaOz » 18 Sep 2014, 9:09 pm

1290 wrote:
MeccaOz wrote:Dont get me wrong guy's I'm ALL for Aussie made ( Not Owned by Aussies though ). But first and foremost when it comes to firearms, I want bang for bucks. Think I'll wait a bit longer and get some advise from real people rather than Thales sponsored infomercials :)

I wouldnt buy a norinco.... at least not when a zasty can be had for 3 to 400...

If my job was to stand at the feedlot and put barrel to head and pull and trigger 10 times a day I MIGHT buy a norinco, but until that happens Norinco is pretty safe from me :lol:
MeccaOz
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by stephencee » 19 Sep 2014, 10:04 am

Can't go past the Anschütz 1416 IMO.

Best .22 around :)

Not crazy money either.
Anschütz 1416 D HB
stephencee
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Westy » 19 Sep 2014, 10:16 am

Juganort wrote:
Westy wrote:Shot Keith's one last week at silhouettes wasn't a 1712 Annie but it wasn't a bad shooter!!!!In saying this I think the price is a little bit to much for a Average rifle and the trigger is just plain s**t , thus making my comments on the price and it just felt "CHEAP IN THE HAND :| :shock: :o I personally would spend the $50-00 more and buy a Weihrauch with the 2 stage trigger or spend a few bucks more on a 64 action Annie :) ;) :P

I was looking at one of these for Silhouette at Belmont if that's the Keith you're referring to mate? It'd be my first rifle but I'm considering taking up a Savage BRJ instead due to everyone saying that the Crossover Trigger is no good for target work?

Cheers

Jug

That's the Keith ,do you shoot Tuesdays and Thursdays ???? Come up and say hello next time M8
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Juganort » 19 Sep 2014, 11:34 am

I've been down a couple of times on a Thursday, once for a gander and another time a member let me shoot his CZ for the night, really enjoyed it. My license arrived yesterday so once I've got something and get it set up I hope to get down there again. From what everyone says about the Crossover trigger I might get something else.

Cheers

Jug
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.
Juganort
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Usurper » 19 Sep 2014, 3:50 pm

Juganort wrote:My license arrived yesterday so once I've got something and get it set up I hope to get down there again.

Nice way to start the weekend :D
.308 CZ 550 American
.222 Tikka Varmint
.357 Mag Marlin 1894
Usurper
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 27 Feb 2018, 9:33 am

I had one of the first to come out, loved it.
Not a big fan of plastic stocks, and the price is too high. Had no problems with the trigger but the plastic magazine is a peice of shyte. That said it was a great rabbit killer.
The only reason I don't still have it is I got the hots for the 17WSM Bmag with a Boyd laminate thumbhole stock and had to choose.
The WSM is magic even if the ammo is pricey
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by in2anity » 27 Feb 2018, 7:10 pm

This is a four year old thread.
Last edited by in2anity on 27 Feb 2018, 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
At what point does lack of maintenance become patina?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 27 Feb 2018, 7:48 pm

in2anity wrote:I use an la101 for RMS comp regularly, so does another guy (who competes). They are very appropriately shaped and balanced for standing offhand shooting. We have both shot thousands of rounds through them without a single missfeed. I have lots more information about them (and issues we had early on when they first started being manufactured) from first hand experience but I’m getting the feeling you chaps have already written off Lithgow...

They might have changed their mind in the last four years :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by in2anity » 28 Feb 2018, 7:36 am

Daddybang wrote:They might have changed their mind in the last four years :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks:

Oops yeah my bad - I was a little quick to pull the trigger on that one! Should of checked the dates before responding there... :crazy:
At what point does lack of maintenance become patina?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 28 Feb 2018, 9:55 am

Yeah I did the same thing on another thread recently. :lol: :lol: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles